Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best practices / clone vs. full copy

I have two questions:

1. I am finding that at least 1 out of 3 DVDs skips and am wondering how to find some "best practices" - I have a really up to date custom built computer (Win 7, 16G ram, SSD, etc.) though I'm not sure how great my DVD burner is. I use DVD 9.1.xx and I rip first to vob files, then later use single layer DVDs to burn to. I've tried img burn, really good DVDs, and found no difference. 1 out of 3 or 4 will have some skipping and freezing, enough to make viewing a "no way."

2. What is the difference in copy mode between "clone burn" and "full copy"? Does one have any advantages over the other?

Thanks so much!

Freezing on playback is typical of burning too fast. Try one of the suspects with burning speed set to ½ the media rated speed.

Clone is a bit for bit copy in bit order, full disk file for file in file order.

If you want specific help post your internal and burn logs.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Personally speaking, whenever I back-up any of my store-bought DVD's (or Blu-ray's) I don't see the point of backing up the entire disc, ie: the menus, special features, audio and subtitles languages I don't speak/understand.

So I only back-up the 'main movie' (at 1:1) along with the audio and subtitle streams I require. And quite often the disc space you are able to save is the difference between a single layer or dual layer recordable disc

Cheers
      I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
      I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Also, Clone can't be compressed and will require the same sized disc as the original.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Clone vs full disk does one have any advantages over the other?

I would also like to know the answer to the second unanswered part of the OP's question.

When making 3d disks a developer taught me to use clone not full disk even though it works however I don't know why and would like to.

Also after you make a clone Fab has no trouble making a full disk from it and compressing it.

Comment

I think the OPs questions have been answered.
            Originally posted by glenns View Post
            Clone vs full disk does one have any advantages over the other?
            I would also like to know the answer to the second unanswered part of the OP's question.

When making 3d disks a developer taught me to use clone not full disk even though it works however I don't know why and would like to.

Also after you make a clone Fab has no trouble making a full disk from it and compressing it.
            That is not what was asked by the OP. If you have questions about 3D Blu-rays, you should post in that forum.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X