No subtitles in Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No subtitles in Preview

Trying to rip Beyond Outrage which is Japanese audio track, so I'm previewing to see which English subtitle to pick, but neither play when I select them? I had this issue a few weeks ago on another movie, can't remember which. Using version 9.1.3.6

Try setting Preview to use the Internal engine in Common Settings and update to a more current version of DVDFab.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Already set to internal on the preview tab. Just updated to 9.1.4.0 and tried to preview Delivery Man (US) and same thing, no subtitles appear when selected.

Comment

Tried to preview Thor bluray and that seems to work, sort of. First english track showed up alright, was the closed caption track. Second showed the French track for some reason, selecting the French track showed the english track (which was the director talking track). Third english didn't show up at all, but that may be just a small track of forced parts.

Comment

No one else who has ripped these discs has had this issue?

Comment

How about when playing the DVD in VLC or PowerDVD?

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

For me playing Thor the dark world with direct show Fab version 9142 plays the movie ok but doesn't allow a check mark to play sub titles in sub title settings.

If you switch to internal after resetting Fab the movie doesn't play or plays very slow like frame by frame but the sub titles do play.Using windows 7 home with I-7 processor.Also the same movie plays fine in power dvd 11 and VLC with subtitles.

Both Fab viewers need work.
              Last edited by glenns; 05-04-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Update to above post same movie with Fab version 8230 both the internal and the direct show previewer plays and shows the subtitles without problem both the first and second English subtitles can be selected and viewed so it's a version 9 problem and not with just the newest version of 9 it's been this way awhile now.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback glenns. BTW are you talking about Thor bluray or dvd (since they seem to behave differently for me, see above)?

Comment

That's because I made a iso of the blu ray's main movie and only kept the forced English and regular English subs.

Comment

Working...
                    X