Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text Corruption

Hello,

For some time (I'm not sure exactly when this started, sorry), I have been having random text corruption problems in DVDFab. I tried uninstalling completely (deleting all personalized data) and reinstalling fresh with 9.1.3.8 but still see the same problem. The OS is Windows XP. An example is below,

Similar problems are seen throughout the application, e.g., in Common Settings most pages are perfectly readable but the initial page is not. I don't see this problem in any other applications and don't believe there is anything wrong with the Windows instance (runs only this and a couple of other known safe applications in a VM.)

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Looks like it is some sort of secret code

I do not see it in Win7, maybe others have noticed it. Could be related to the VM possibly.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I find it hard to believe it due to being in a VM as they are really quite good at imitating real hardware these days. I also ran DVDFab for a long time in this VM before the issues materialized.

If no one else has seen something similar then my suspicion leans toward something wrong with the install of Windows. It may be time to update to 7 for that VM.

Comment

Could be. They updated the Fab Qt to v5.0 a few releases ago, I have heard the XP support is not very good.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am running XP and FAB has always worked great ever since ver 2.9 so it might be something in your set up of XP
          Paid Not To Work
          US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
          Proudly Served On
          USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
          6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Same text corruption issue for me

I am having the same problem where most of the text on the GUI is missing. This started a few updates ago. I was hoping it would go away with the latest update, but i just installed it yesterday and it did not correct itself.

Any one have an idea how to resolve this?

DVD Fab 9.1.4.0
            Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab 4202014 83650 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	311479

Comment

Hi qwerty
              I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your problem since your trial is expired but, give it a read through http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=25039
              If you have purchased DVD Fab make sure that it is registered correctly.

CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I seem to remember that Fab didn't work great at some resolutions or if you used the feature to enlarge letters something you can change easy enough and check if you enlarged print in the windows program.Worth a try i think.
                Also a remote chance this can be line noise do you have a good connection wires come loose and outside splices in wires get wet just trying to think of everything that can cause this.

You say it started a few updates ago if you use the older Fab versions now does this happen now?.

You can also as a last resort try going back in time with windows restore but then you got to update everything but it's reversible just use a restore point to where it was working then re download latest Fab and see if it's Fab or something else.
                Last edited by glenns; 04-20-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Hi All,

Regarding the text/letter missing problem, please download and install DVDFab 9.1.6.5 Beta, and then change the display method at Common Settings -> General -> Click "A" icon, mark the option "Use Qt Rendering" to run DVDFab again and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
                  mona
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                    Hi All,

Regarding the text/letter missing problem, please download and install DVDFab 9.1.6.5 Beta, and then change the display method at Common Settings -> General -> Click "A" icon, mark the option "Use Qt Rendering" to run DVDFab again and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
                    mona
                    Wow, impressive Mona. I thought this was surely being ignored as a "silly user issue". As such, I moved to running DVDFab on a newer VM which solved the problem for me.

I still have my old VM though and I can confirm this does fix almost all of the text issues on my old Windows XP VM. Thank you and the team for taking the bug seriously and the ultimate resolution.

The only problem I still see with the text display is on certain buttons in the UI like Task Queue and Start which appear to show a doubled up or corrupted font display. Still, compared to the previous issue this is a trifling thing.

Best.

Comment

Originally posted by koopa View Post
                      The only problem I still see with the text display is on certain buttons in the UI like Task Queue and Start which appear to show a doubled up or corrupted font display.
                      Hi koopa,

Please attach a screenshot to show us the problem part. Thanks very much.

Regards,
                      mona

Comment

Hi koopa,

Here is a side-by-side. On the left is Windows 7 and the right is Windows XP. This is under the Creator tab.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi koopa,

One more showing the full screen so you can see most of the text is now correct. Just some buttons are affected.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Different XP Rendering Bug

Also, I've just noticed another rendering issue in XP. This is in the same beta and is irrespective of the Qt Rendering option I was testing above.

To reproduce this bug all I need to do is change the screen resolution of the XP system while DVDFab is running. After this is done the main UI pane (the one which is white/black/white in the screenshot) becomes non-responsive and is not redrawn correctly when UI actions are taken. Click on the tabs does change the surrounding UI components but that particular pane fails to redraw. Taking certain actions like attempting to start a rip cause the entire program to become non-responsive.

This does appear to be specific to XP again. Windows 7/8 do not experience the same behavior.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Would you please update to the latest version V9167 and try again?

Wilson
                              Please post your logs the default location is:
                              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X