9.1.5.3. very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.1.5.3. very slow

Hi I have a problem. Until yesterday I used satisfaction with the 9063 version. When I replaced it with the 9145 started my problems because the DVD is played at a speed (!) Of only 0.60 MB / s. I have uninstalled 9145 and installed 9153 but the problems remain: reading speed up to 0.62 MB / s, estimated time over 2 hours. Not having the software version 9063, I installed the 9055 version that works perfectly. How can I do to improve everything? Can you help me, please? Thank you. Aldo

Hi Aldo

I am not sure what your problem could be, but know that a few others have reported the same thing, so it is a real problem and not soething unique to you. I can't duplicate it on my PC, so it may be related to operating system, I/O controllers or other similar things. If you have IDE/PATA type drives, check them in windows Device manager to make sure they are not in PIO transfer mode (should be UDMA). The speeds you report are a normal symptom of a drive that windows has placed in PIO mode due to read errors.

Please tell us some details of your PC and operating system version. You might also try changing the I/O control in DVDFab Common Settings from Auto to ASPI and then SPTI if it does not improve.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Member rahooh was having a similar issue and switched from the VSO burning engine to the DVDFab engine and it picked up the pace for him.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I have this exact same issue. It takes ages now to open the DVD source and when you click Start, the DVD spins very slowly and the rate is around 0.2M/Bs with a finish time of 20 HOURS!!! I've tried changing the settings to ASPI, SPTI, turning off GPU support, setting the burn engine to DVDFAB and all have no effect. The logs show no errors.

The specs of my PC are:
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64,
        Intel Q6700 Quad Core CPU,
        4GB RAM,
        SATA II hard disk
        LG GDRH20N SATA DVD Drive
        NVIDIA 8600GT Graphics Card
        (quite a fast(ish) PC)

When I manually copy a .VOB file from the DVD to hard disk, the speed is back to normal, you can hear the drive spin at full speed and the transfer rate is back up to nearly 7MB/s.

My older PC (Pentium 4 3.4GHz) is able to use DVDFAB faster than this one, on the same version number.

Is it because it's a SATA DVD drive? an incompatible DVD drive?

Any help with this would be gratefully received!

Comment

DMA? Please reset DMA by ImgBurn and try again.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X