This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback problems with VLC

Hey Yippy. What software do you use to rip and what do you use to view the movies after you finish? I am using DVD-FAB. After I rip a movie though..a full movie..it seems to not let me click on the menu items when starting it. I am ripping the whole DVD as well..whree it gives you the video_ts and audio_ts folders...I am using VLC to view the movie but for some reason the menu items are non-clickable.

ripping movies dvd to hard drive

I am ripping a mountain of DVDs in order to start my Media Center collection going. I am using DVD-FAB to do the DVD-DVD function but actually ripping to hard drive using the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS format. Basically what i want is to rip the DVD...menu and all ...in the highest quality possible ( as high as the dvd itself ). I want the movie to have the menu so i can turn on spanish subtitles on and off depending on whether or not I have a lady over.. I just ripped a disc yesterday as full disc. I used VLC as the player to check ito out and make sure it ripped ok. When I loaded the movie up I saw the menu, but I could not click anywhere on it at all. Any ideas?

Comment

Hi jroger21 and welcome,

So you are using Full Disc Mode to rip?
      How are you opening the files with VLC?

> Left click on VLC to open
      > Left click on File to populate options
      > Click on Open Directory and navigate to the folder and click ok

This should function in the same manner as navigating from the disc
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

That,s unusual I have never had any problems playing mine with the VLC player.

Did you try and re-install VLC?

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
        Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

jroger
          Your question changes the topic of this thread and is not related to the original discussion. This makes the thread hard to follow for those working on an existing problem or question. Please have a look at the forum General Policies, which are posted in each forum. I will move your question to a new thread entitled "Playback problem with VLC".

If you want to play a ripped DVD with DVD controls using VLC you must use the Open Folder menu to do it (under Media) and click so that the VIDEO_TS folder opens. I just tried three that I happen to have on my hard drive and all the menus worked fine. I am using VLC v0.9.9 (which I know is not the latest).

//EDIT// I just saw the method maineman posted, I have not tried it that way and my older version of VLC doesn't seem to have the same controls. ??
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have merged your two threads that ask the same question. Please avoid this in the future.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              I am using VLC v0.9.9 (which I know is not the latest).
              I'm using 0.8.6a...hahaha
              Guess I should try to keep up with the Joneses, eh?

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

LOL The Videolan group updates VLC so often it is like trying to keep up with Fengtao's updates. Yes, I know this is off-topic.

Comment

VLC version 1.0.2 is out now > http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
                  "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

ok i think i got it. I had made a folder called Reno_911 and beneath that was VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. I was telling VLC to play from folder RENO rather than directing to the video_ts folder. When I had it play from the video_ts rather than the main parent directory the menus worked fine. If I am ripping to Hard Drive in order to put these on a HD for Windows Media Center should I go ahead and choose DVD9 for the best compression I assume? Size isnt an issue and I want the best possible rip.

Comment

Originally posted by jroger21 View Post
                      If I am ripping to Hard Drive in order to put these on a HD for Windows Media Center should I go ahead and choose DVD9 for the best compression I assume? Size isnt an issue and I want the best possible rip.
                      Yup, if size is a non-issue and you want the "best possible rip".
                      There shouldn't be any compression when selecting DVD9

Comment

I agree. Choose DVD-9 for the same quality as the original DVD.

Comment

Working...
                        X