Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transformers 2 DvdFab, then Shrink (file still too large)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transformers 2 DvdFab, then Shrink (file still too large)

Hello Everyone,

If this has been answered then please merge this question wit hthat thread or point me to that thread and delete this thread!! Thank you!!

1. DvdFab is used, latest version 6.2.1.8
    NO problem there!

2. Dvd Shrink is used!
    Here's the issue, it's shrinking down the movie to only 4.751 ...

Anyone has any clue why -- ?

Thanks for reading!!

I just used DVDFab to shrink the file down to DVD5.
    It's probably because Shrink is an old program that hasn't been updated in years.

Comment

Originally posted by richmoral View Post
      I just used DVDFab to shrink the file down to DVD5.
      It's probably because Shrink is an old program that hasn't been updated in years.
      Nah, Shrink does it's job, except with TF2 which seems to be a thorn in everyone's butt; But thanks for that statement!!

Ish

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
        Nah, Shrink does it's job, except with TF2 which seems to be a thorn in everyone's butt; But thanks for that statement!!

Ish
        Well I've seen movies that Shrink hasn't been able to Shrink all the way. TF2 is probably just one of those. I used which ever was the latest version of DVDFab with Transformers 2 came out. I believe it was DVDFab 6.2.0.5

Comment

Okie dokie ...

Problem solved .. I DVDFAB only the movie, no extras, etc ... Shrink then did it's job, and everyone is happy now...

Thank you for your statements ...

Using shrink for so many many years, I think this is the second time it happened to me!!

Ish

Comment

Glad you got it to work.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
              Okie dokie ...

Problem solved .. I DVDFAB only the movie, no extras, etc ... Shrink then did it's job, and everyone is happy now...

Thank you for your statements ...

Using shrink for so many many years, I think this is the second time it happened to me!!

Ish
              Glad to hear you got it to work. I only use Full Disc mode. I like to keep the menus, special features and everything intact and I only had problems when Transformers 2 first came out but Fengtao had a fix up within a couple of days after it came out. So that's what I used at the time.

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

On a side note: I don't really keep the menu, ever with today's movies --- Movies from the 80's I do keep the menu since they're all udder 4g, it seems.

Ish

Comment

It has been a while since I encountered the problem with DVD Shrink not compressing the file small enough to fit on (1) disc. However, if I remember correctly- I did the following:
                  1. Compress the movie as you normally would and save to your hard drive.
                  2. Open the file and click the "Analysis" button. DVD Shrink will open a window letting you know that it is not necessary to analyze the file and wanting to know if you want to proceed. Click "Yes" and it should compress the file to fit on (1) disc.

Comment

Thanks for the tip!!! LOL

Ish

Comment

Working...
                    X