This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB Can't Find Video

DVDFab can't find video I burn onto DVD-RW with my Panasonic Recorder\player. I've tried several DVD players. All find the video on the discs and play them. Only DVDFab reports there is nothing on the discs.

Is there something I can do to get DVDFAB to recorgnize and open these "recordings" so I may copy them to other discs?
    --Bruised

This may be a stupid question but if you made this source DVD from a camcorder or such then they wouldn't be copy protected. If this is the case then why are you using dvd fab to make another disk? Couldn't you just use a simple disk copy program?

Comment

Image burn can do what you are asking, you can find it under third party products. Another question when you burned these videos were they finalized by your recorder\player?
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Try disabling PathPlayer in Common Settings. Some standalone recorders use different file formats that DVDFab can't read. It reads the discs from my LG and Ilo recorders (DVD-VR) with no problem.

Originally posted by Bruisedquasar View Post
        DVDFab can't find video I burn onto DVD-RW with my Panasonic Recorder\player. I've tried several DVD players. All find the video on the discs and play them. Only DVDFab reports there is nothing on the discs.

Is there something I can do to get DVDFAB to recorgnize and open these "recordings" so I may copy them to other discs?
        --Bruised
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Image burn can do what you are asking, you can find it under third party products. Another question when you burned these videos were they finalized by your recorder\player?
          Yes. I used the Panasonic "Finalize" which renders a recording so any DVD player can see and play the videos. They play with no problem on various players. Only DVDFab reports that there is nothing in the DVD tray.
          --Bruised

Comment

Same problem with mine too!

I have the same problem too. I have a panasonic DVD camcorder which burns onto the small DVD. It is finalized and I can play it on DVD player.
            When I bring up with DVD Fab 6.2.1.8, the software doesn't see it. It shows 0M.
            Now I put it in my other PC,which has DVD Fab 5.0, it sees the 1.8M file there. I can't burn it on that PC because it is my work PC, I don't feel like using it for my personal use ( plus its a very slow burner. )

Comment

I'm not understanding why you want to process this with Fab?
              It's not copy protected.
              Why not just copy it with any burning software such as Img, Nero, etc.

Originally posted by lalakeroppi View Post
              I have the same problem too. I have a panasonic DVD camcorder which burns onto the small DVD. It is finalized and I can play it on DVD player.
              When I bring up with DVD Fab 6.2.1.8, the software doesn't see it. It shows 0M.
              Now I put it in my other PC,which has DVD Fab 5.0, it sees the 1.8M file there. I can't burn it on that PC because it is my work PC, I don't feel like using it for my personal use ( plus its a very slow burner. )
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

The OP hasn't replied since 01/01 so perhaps all is good.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Let's hope so, but judging from the OP's last response, I'm not sure he undertands the advice he was given.

My previous post was meant for lalakeropp ^^ ...who seemingly has a similar issue.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Bruisedquasar View Post
                    Yes. I used the Panasonic "Finalize" which renders a recording so any DVD player can see and play the videos. They play with no problem on various players. Only DVDFab reports that there is nothing in the DVD tray.
                    --Bruised
                    Well for starters just because a DVD player can play those DVDs does not mean theya re DVD compliant files. They could have some extra file added that keeps DVDFab from seeing them. Have you viewedthe files on those DVD-RW discs using windows eplorer to see what is on them for file types. Another thing you can try is to give ImgBurn a try to burn those DVD-RW to another DVD as it is a burn engine and would probably see those DVD-RW as well

Comment

Working...
                    X