This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD FAB Merge feature

Hi. I want to copy multiple discs of a tv show to 1 DVD+R DL. The instructions for this are unclear. Can someone please clarify the process? Thanks!

Originally posted by Sammigrrl3953 View Post
    Hi. I want to copy multiple discs of a tv show to 1 DVD+R DL. The instructions for this are unclear. Can someone please clarify the process? Thanks!
    Merge mode allows you to combine content from more than one disc. Unless you have many optical drives you will need to copy the files to your hard drive first. There is a quick guide for Merge mode here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=568
    and more information in the Tutorial, here: http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/DVDToDVDMerge

Merge mode does not support menus. You will only be able to copy multiple discs to a single DL with heavy compression. Try one and see how it looks.

Post again after reading the above if you still have questions. I have moved your thread to the correct forum (DVD to DVD).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I understand the above posts, but how can you combine multiple DVD's into one WMV file? I've used the merge process on a 2 disc movie and then tried the DVD to Mobile option, but it gives me two files. Did I do something wrong?

Comment

DVDFab does not have the ability to combine titles into one playable file.

Comment

thanks for the quick response. Has anyone found a good way to do this and still maintain the 5.1 sound? I've only come across a few movies, but it would be nice! (Lord of the Rings movies specifically)

Comment

Originally posted by jtrevill View Post
            thanks for the quick response. Has anyone found a good way to do this and still maintain the 5.1 sound? I've only come across a few movies, but it would be nice! (Lord of the Rings movies specifically)
            Yes, that is the title that always comes up as the reason for the request. The movie is like 4 hours long. Starting the next file doesn't seem like a big deal. It might even be a good time for a pee break (not healthy to hold it you know).

Comment

Most free videojoiners that I have tried seem to need to re-encode the files with a resultant loss in quality, but there are plenty out there on the web,

I would not even bother myself. I agree with Complication.

Most players that I have will automatically move on to the next title automatically, so if you have them named correctly, I cannot see any issue.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I use Twonky and an Xbox 360... that combination does not continue onto the next file automatically, it goes back to the list... And I have a bladder like no other - so hopefully this is something that can be corrected in the future

Comment

Working...
                X