Trouble Copying movie A Most Wanted Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Copying movie A Most Wanted Man

I am currently using DVD Fab 9.1.7.2 to copy the movie A Most Wanted Man. In the analyzing dvd stage I start to get error (cannot read disc) messages. The dvd plays in a standard dvd player with no problems.
    There is no log to post because the program did not get pass the analyzing disc stage.
    Last edited by Jt1331; 11-06-2014, 08:29 AM.

A Most wanted Man

Hi There,
    I just backed up my copy and when I put it into my sony Blu-Ray player It said "can't operate this disc, So I put it in my computer and played it with Power DVD software it played perfect, So I went back and put it in my sony player again and it started and played perfectly, I also copied it with DVDFab v. 9.1.7.2 . I think sometimes the Player I have sometimes get a hick up and tells me it can't operate the disc, so I shut it off and turned it back on and it played the disc perfectly. I don't know if this helps you.
    Take care, Burner1

Comment

Jt1331
      A log file will be written and may contain useful information, please post the original session log or create a new one and attach it to a post. Can't help you without it.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jt1331 View Post
        I am currently using DVD Fab 9.1.7.2 to copy the movie A Most Wanted Man. In the analyzing dvd stage I start to get error (cannot read disc) messages. The dvd plays in a standard dvd player with no problems.
        There is no log to post because the program did not get pass the analyzing disc stage.
        take and clean the disc with a lint free cloth and some Windex
        and try again. clean from the center hole out to the edge.
        if the disc still will not open you may have a bad pressed disc.
        return to the store for a replacement.
        and just because the disc plays fine doesn't mean that it will copy.
        copying and playing are 2 different things.

Comment

Let's get the log file first.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This title (Region 1/US Retail version) copies and plays fine with v9.1.7.2 with PathPlayer set to Always Enable. You may have a different version or your disc may be damaged. Follow the instructions posted by october262 if you want to try to clean it, or exchange it. Since you never posted a log file, we have no idea what you have.

Comment

Same Here

I am having the same problem, but my player will not even recognize the disk, I came across this with Heaven is real. But it reads, the last transformers movie and Neighbors. I think there is a setting somewhere I tried before but I cant recall....any ideas?

Comment

Do you mean your standalone player doesn't recognize the disc or the DVD drive in your PC does not recognize the disc?

Comment

Yes it plays in all of my standalones, but not in my PC DVD drive. I put the latest transformers movie in, and Neighbors, and they read fine.

Comment

Hi Ruikee
                    Please post the information my friend requested in post #3.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks, but there is no log file as my machine doesn't even recognize the disk. When I click on the DVD drive with the disk in, it says to insert a disk. When I run the software, nothing happens. However when I put other movies in it works fine.

Comment

do a clean uninstall of dvdfab and restart computer, reinstall dvdfab and see if
                        you are still having trouble reading the disc. also check and see if the disc is a dvd disc and not a bluray disc.
                        a bluray disc will not read in a dvd rom/burner drive.
                        Last edited by october262; 11-29-2014, 02:19 AM.

Comment

The DVD and BD for this title should be fully supported for most (if not all) regions.

Comment

its a regular DVD, it will not even read or show up on my computer as being in the drive. When I click on DVD drive it ejects. This also happened with Heaven is real. Transformers and others read and play fine in the same drive.....Their were some titles back a while by a certain company that did the same. Someone on here suggested some changes and they worked, just cant remember what it was. Like I said Transformers worked fine.

Comment

try uninstalling the dvd drive from your computer and restarting the computer
                              and let windows reinstall the dvd drive, see if that works.

Comment

Working...
                              X