PC not recognizing back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC not recognizing back up

The last several dvds i've backed up will not play on my pc. In fact it won't even recognize it, and neither will dvdfab. It seemed to start with maleficent. I've tried making several copies but it's still not working. I've tried uninstalling dvdfab and the driver for the disc drive. But neither worked. All the previous copies and original copies will play fine. But not the most recent one. They all play in my ps3 and standalone dvd player. Any suggestions?

That is an unusual problem. If you still have the folders you burned the disc from, try burning it again using ImgBurn in standalone mode. This assumes that other DVDs will open normally in the drive, please clarify that.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hate to bump this back up because I thought it had corrected itself somehow. I'm having the same problem still. My computer is not recognizing the backed up copies of the last several I have tried to back up. My DVD player is though. My PC recognizes the original and other movies I have backed up in the past.

Comment

Post the DVDFab internal log and burn log session from one of these discs that will not play. Have you tried what I suggested earlier? Which burn engine do you have selected in DVDFab Common Settings?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

maybe try a firmware update for your computers dvd drive??
          also have you recently changed to a different brand of blank discs??
          Last edited by october262; 02-25-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

log attached

No different blank media. The last 500 or so have been memorex dvd+r.
            Attached Files

Comment

memorex are not very good blank media. use the verbatim brand.
              and burn at 4x speed. also see if there is firmware update for your drive.

Comment

While I agree with october262 on Memorex media I'm not convinced that's your problem. Memorex farms out media to several manufactures and quality may vary from spindle to spindle. If you take his advice and try Verbatim media be sure it has AZO on the label, they farm out the DataLife series too.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

I have this same problem. Windows Explorer does not see the DVD. However, I can use VLC to open and play the DVD.

Comment

You can try going back in time with system restore to a earlier date using a earlier restore date to restore the computer before this started happening.You can always restore it back again to the last restore point so it's a safe way to cure this.

If you do this you will have to update your security program and reinstall any programs or files that were recently put on the hard drive from the restore point to date so use a recent less than a month ago restore date.

You can try different restore point dates and always come back.Notice any updates from windows that come after you do the restore should everything work after this and see if a windows update caused this or a program you may have installed.

Comment

So I seem to be having this issue, with a twist.
                      The PC i burn on runs Windows 7 with the latest Fab 9 version. This machine has always burnt copies that play on anything.
                      Well, recently the burner croaked, so i put in a new burner.
                      The first new copy wouldn't play, or even read, in my other machine that has Win 10.
                      The Win 7 machine would read the new disk, i wasn't sure what was causing it and from reading other suggestions, i did reload Fab.
                      What's really screwy here is that copies burnt on the last burner didn't have this issue.
                      So is it the burner? Is there a setting for the drive itself that i'm missing?
                      It's been a couple years since i have had to replace a drive, I've never seen this issue before.
                      Any suggestions?

Comment

Please post the dvdfab internal log files.
                        Also post the burn log files.
                        And since this is a new burner you might
                        try updating the firmware.

Comment

I updated firmware & driver, ripped a new movie and the burned copy did the same as before.
                          The dvdfab_internal log is huge (5,143 KB) so i can't post. But here's the burn from today:

Burn Folder 2016-10-18 12:30:24 -----------------------------------------------

12:30:24 Info RootDir: C:/Users/CrazyElwin/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/PELE_2016_PG/

12:30:24 Info VolumeName: PELE_2016_PG

12:30:24 Info WriteMode: 2

12:30:24 Info SetUDFRevision(258)

12:30:24 Info Master()

12:30:24 Info MediaType: 5

12:30:24 Info Capacity: 4489 MB

12:30:24 Info Operation Started!

12:30:24 Info Source File Size: 4300 MB

12:30:35 Info Writing LeadIn...

12:30:36 Info Write started 2201952 sectors to write

12:44:32 Info Synchronising Cache...

12:44:32 Info Synchronising Disc 0

12:44:51 Info Synchronising Disc 65536

12:44:55 Info Eject

12:44:55 Info Duration: 00:14:27

12:44:55 Info Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:14:27

12:44:55 Info Unlock device

12:44:55 Info Close device

13:56:09 Info SetWriter(D, 0)

13:56:09 Info SetDoNotAutoEjectDisc(0)

13:56:21 Info Open device

13:56:21 Info Lock device

13:56:21 Info MediaType: 5

13:56:24 Info Input Speed is: 5540, Output Speed: 5540

13:56:24 Info StartPerf Speed: 5540, EndPerf Speed: 5540

Burn Folder 2016-10-18 13:56:24 -----------------------------------------------

13:56:24 Info RootDir: C:/#MOVIES#/OUR_KIND_OF_TRAITOR/

13:56:24 Info VolumeName: OUR_KIND_OF_TRAITOR

13:56:24 Info WriteMode: 2

13:56:24 Info SetUDFRevision(258)

13:56:24 Info Master()

13:56:24 Info MediaType: 5

13:56:24 Info Capacity: 4488 MB

13:56:24 Info Operation Started!

13:56:24 Info Source File Size: 4301 MB

13:56:35 Info Writing LeadIn...

13:56:35 Info Write started 2202528 sectors to write

14:10:30 Info Synchronising Cache...

14:10:30 Info Synchronising Disc 0

14:10:49 Info Synchronising Disc 65536

14:10:53 Info Eject

14:10:53 Info Duration: 00:14:25

14:10:53 Info Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:14:25

14:10:53 Info Unlock device

14:10:53 Info Close device

Comment

what brand of blank discs do you use ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                              what brand of blank discs do you use ??
                              currently using Ridata DVD-R

Comment

Working...
                              X