9.18.0 upgrade broke my copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.18.0 upgrade broke my copy

New version 9.18.0 upgrade won't work. I as backing up some disks and as soon as I accepted the upgrade my system quit working.

Now it doesn't recognize a DVD has been inserted. Even when I choose the DVD's drive, it sees it, but as soon as I hit the start button, it says completed/finished and refuses to work.

I want previous version BACK!

Hi misstruss
    Please uninstall 9180 using Fabs uninstaller, clean the registry using CCleaner found here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ until nothing is found, then download a fresh installer here http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm saving it to your download folder, next browse to your download folder right click the installer and install as administrator, restart computer.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the reply and instructions. Turns out it seems DVDFAB was totally flumoxed as going back a version didn't help.

I was able to backup the disk with Nero without a single issue which I suspect means it doesn't even have copy protection, or Nero was able to duplicate the copy protection onto the backup.

I wanted a digital version, not another disk, but a backup disk is better than nothing.

BTW, the name of the DVD is "Backyard".

Thanks

Comment

There is a problem with the auto-update, it has been disabled at the Fab update server and should just provide you with the full installer of v9.1.8.0. If not, download the full installer .exe file from the link here in the forum and run it As Administrator over the top of whatever version you currently have installed.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your additional reply. I don't know if the problem is DVDfab or just being incompatible with that disk. Won't know until I try another disk.

Don't the products go through a beta process before being rolled out as standard upgrades?

Comment

9.1.8.1 has been released to correct the issue with the updater, give it a try.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I don,t know if this is related to this problem but DVDFAB has not been able to read any DVDs since I upgraded to 9.8.1 .0. Installing 9.1.8.1 did not fix the problem. Internal log for last try (still running after 24 hours and only 27%)

Thank you for your help
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Floyd
                Your receiving read errors please try cleaning your disc with windex and a soft cloth wiping from the center outward, you could also try using a can of compressed air and blowing out any dust from your optical drive.

You may also have a bad disc to check the disc:
                Download VSO Inspector found here http://www.vso-software.fr/products/.../inspector.php
                Play the movie in a soft player like windows media player, as the movie itself is playing pause it but do not exit out of it.
                Now start VSO Inspector and run a scan of the disc, if you have any errors then you have a bad disc.

Hope this helps
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                X