Merging A Split Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merging A Split Movie

Is it possible to merge a movie that I previously split because it was too large for a 4.7 DVD. I would like to burn it on to a DL disc. I tried ripping it again, but I get a read error. Not sure why. The disc looks good. I made the original copy a long time ago. If the disc went bad, then I'm glad I did back it up.

I tried merging the two part, but all I ended up getting was the first half. Maybe I need to look at the other titles and check the ones I need to include so I get the second half? It would be nice to have the original menus, but I suppose that isn't possible.

BTW, I have found that the best software for me for burning DL discs is DVDFab. I get almost zero failures. I was using Nero as my burnware of choice, but I was getting about 2 failures out of 5 and I figured it wasn't worth the effort or money. And then one day I tried DVDFab and I'm glad I did. Lately Nero has been choking on the split titles too, although it seems to burn the full discs without any issues. I tried Cyberlink with similar results (to Nero).

Did you use DVDFab Split mode to break it up originally?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, I did use DVDfab split mode to make the two discs.

Comment

Then they should load as sources with no problem unless damaged. To have someone take a look at it, you can put all the IFO and BUP files in a zipped archive and attach it to a post.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I tried this with two different split titles and got the same results. I can add Disc 1 and then add Disc 2 and both main movies will be checked. But when I click on the next button, only the main movie from disk one displays on that screen. I think perhaps that DVDFab doesn't realize that there are two different "movies" because they have the same menus. Either that or I'm doing something wrong. I looked at the manual though and it appears I have it right.

Just wanted to add that the movies I tried were split by DVDFab. And I played the split parts on my TV and they all worked.

It's not a problem though. I have TMPG Authoring Works and Nero RECODE, so I can use one of those programs to put it back together. I'll just have to create a new menu.

Comment

Good luck with it.

Comment

Kev
              It may work if you do not put any menus on disc 2. Did for me.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try

Comment

Working...
                X