This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coppied DVD skips

I am having an issue with the copied DVD's. I have no problem copying them but then when I play them for some reason the movie will freeze and then skip to the next chapter in the movie. This happens in different parts of the movie and I happened on more then one DVD. Anyone know why this would be happening....could it be the type of DVD I am using? I am using DVD+R DL....any reconditions on which brad I should use?

Thank you for any and all the help!!

Sounds like you may be using Memorex DL disc.

More information is needed in order to help.

Comment

Dvd

I am using Phillips DVD+R Double Layer. Is there a better brand or should I be using DVD-R??

Comment

As has been said on this forum MANY times, either Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden give the most consistent burns and longevity.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Also make sure that you burn at half the rated speed of the media and it may be a good idea to look at the posts about using ImgBurn as the burning engine instead of the default Fab burning engine which is VSO.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for all the help.

One more question...Is there anything special I need to do to burn to the DL disk? I just got the Verbatim DVD+R DL 8Xspeed disks in the mail.

Thank you again for all your help.

Comment

There shouldn't be.

Make sure that you set speed to 4x and if you have any problems, install and use ImgBurn burning engine.

Comment

Do you make your copies on your PC then play them on a DVD player? If so, maybe your laser is dirty in the player. Try cleaning it. This is usually what happens to me, watching movies so much makes 'em dirty. I have made copies using HP, Philips, Maxell, Verbatim and Memorex brands. They all work for me.

DVDFab is a great program, I have had little to no problems whatsoever. The very few times I had problems, this forum was extremely helpful and always found a way to solve the problems. THANKS GUYS!

Comment

How do I clean the laser in my player? is there a kit? If so where can i get it and which would you recommend.

Thanks for the help

Comment

The 8X Verbs get better quality scans on my (LG) drives when burned at 6X (vs. 4X). Burned and tested with ImgBurn/DVDInfoPro.

Originally posted by Zmaster211 View Post
                    Thanks for all the help.

One more question...Is there anything special I need to do to burn to the DL disk? I just got the Verbatim DVD+R DL 8Xspeed disks in the mail.

Thank you again for all your help.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X