v.9.1.8.0 update problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v.9.1.8.0 update problem

I tried to update v.9.1.8.0 to each new version as it came out. Every time I launch the program it shows that I have the old version. I uninstalled the program and cleaned the register, then installed v.9.8.1.5 from the website. You guessed it; it still shows v.9.1.8.0 when launched. It then asks if I want to update to v.9.1.8.5 each time I open this program. How do I correct this?

We are trying the issue.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

I tried more times and not reproduced the issue.

Would you please clean un-install DVDFab and re-install DVDFab to a new installation path?

Wilson

Wilson
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

response to Wilson

I had done just that, but to honor your reply I did the clean uninstall and re-install after restarting the pc (just in case windows got hinky). When I checked the property of the dvdfab executable it shows to be v9.1.8.5 but when launched it identifies itself as v9.1.8.0

I would gladly attach the internal log if I could find the attachment button. This log shows a heading of 9.1.8.5 for the latest info.

Comment

Hi,

Did you have try to install DVDFab to a new installation path?

9.1.8.0 is shown when launch DVDFab?

Click image for larger version

Name:	version.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	312973

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

wilson2

I have uploaded (I hope) the log you requested and a jpg showing the v9.1.8.0
            Note that the log shows a gap between v.9.1.6.4 to the new v9.1.8.5 -- this is due to going from v6.4 to "bluedvd", then to dvdfabus, then to latest version.
            I performed the clean install after the clean uninstall and deletion of the bluedvd directory and contents. Hope you can make sense of this mess. Thanks for any help you can give me.
            Attached Files

Comment

Do you mean BluFab? It is not clear whether you ran a registry cleaner, that certainly seems to be called for, especially when ditching BluFab. Uninstall everything again, and run the cleaner a couple of times and delete anything relating to DVDFab or BluFab. Then reboot and try the v9185 install again.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Solved

Thank you so much for the help. The final suggestion solved this problem.

Comment

Working...
                X