John wick DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John wick DVD

I have tried to copy the John wick DVD and both copies read fine until it gets to the DVD menu. The picture is completely black no, no picture. Has anyone else have a problem like that? How do you fix it?

I think this may have been mentioned in another thread about this title. Please post the DVDFab internal log session if: 1) you are using DVDFab registered version 2) PathPlayer set to Always Enable 3) Current version of DVDFab. If not, try these 3 things first. A log is always needed when you report a problem. Instructions for logs are linked in my sig.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,blackknight2907
      Please use DVDFab to loading the disc and then right click on the Source area and select Export Source Info. Make a zip folder of the output and upload it to here. Thanks!

Comment

Lionsgate DVDs failed copies (John Wick, Expendables 3)

I had the same problem with this Lionsgate DVD for John Wick that I had with the Expendables 3 one. It basically claims that the Full Disc copy completes successfully but when you try to play the movie after running the first (or any other for that matter) VOB file for it (from a HD not a DVD) it keeps coming back to the main menu and doesn't play the movie.
        Does that mean that Lionsgate movies cannot be backed up with the current protection they use? I'm using the latest version of DVD Fab (registered) 9.1.8.5.
        Any ideas if you'll be able to fix the Lionsgate issues? I've never had any issues with any other studio's DVDs...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by vassiliadis; 02-09-2015, 03:36 AM. Reason: Uploaded Source Info ZIP file for John Wick DVD (region 1)

Comment

vassiliadis
          You can't play the movie correctly by playing a VOB file. You must play the VIDEO_TS.IFO file first, most players will do this automatically. Expendables 3 was supported and this will be also, have some patience and let them work on the disc. Lionsgate discs are not magic.

blacknight2907
          We are still waiting for you to post the requested information.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Dear all,

What playback software do you use? It seems VLC has a bug that cannot play menu correctly, you need use PowerDVD, TMT or DVDFab Media Player.

Best Regards,
            Fengtao
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

The "John Wick" shows it has AACC protection.. Any chance there is a fix now or in the near future?
              I have tried the latest version (9.1.8.6) No Luck
              Last edited by Dapostman; 02-11-2015, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Fix for the DVD in very near future, it will require an update and the registered version of DVDFab to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dapostman View Post
                  The "John Wick" shows it has AACC protection.. Any chance there is a fix now or in the near future?
                  I have tried the latest version (9.1.8.6) No Luck

Hi,

Please refer the FAQ. http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_do_disc_...htm#how_to_faq

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Dapostman
                    That is a Blu-ray error message, this is the forum for DVD, not Blu-ray.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      vassiliadis
                      You can't play the movie correctly by playing a VOB file. You must play the VIDEO_TS.IFO file first, most players will do this automatically. Expendables 3 was supported and this will be also, have some patience and let them work on the disc. Lionsgate discs are not magic.
                      I beg to differ. I've played all DVDs I backed up to my HD using the 1st VOB file and it's worked for all of them except for the Latest LIONSGATE movies!
                      I did some additional testing and it seems to be a problem with Windows 7 (mine is x64) and Windows Player at least as well as your own Media Player (free version).
                      However, Windows Media Player seems to work fine with these DVDs on Windows XP (which of course is no longer supported).
                      Could it be a DRM issue under Win7 (and perhaps 8)?

Comment

Working...
                      X