X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged ISO/VOB files

Hello,

in some rare cases, DVD Copy produced corrupted VOB files. The resulting ISO files can be mounted, that means the ISO file structure itself seems OK, but obviously not the contained VOB files:

- 97% of the generated ISO files are OK, only these rare files not.
    - The source DVD discs partially have been brand new, without any scratches, and some were used with scratches. Examples: Planet of the Apes (2001), The Beach, From Hell.

- A WDTV hardware player can play the corrupted files, also Goodplayer (Android).
    - But VLC (Windows, ISO file) as well as Windows Media Player (ISO file mounted as DVD drive) cannot play them (but can play the other 97% of the generated ISO files which are OK).

- ISO Buster could not help (extracted ISO file also corrupted).
    - A second run with the current version of DVD Copy (reading the corrupted ISO file and generating a new ISO file) also did not solve the problem.
    - MakeMKV shows error messages, but can still process the files and generate MKV files (but unfortunately, MakeMKV seems not to be able to repair the files and save it as ISO again).

Does anybody have an idea how to repair the corrupted ISO/VOB files?

Please supply the disc title and region/country and the DVDFab internal log session from initial processing. I have checked several recent titles with ISOBusterPro and do not see this issue. If you have any additional information on the nature of the problem with the VOBs, please supply that as well, i.e. can you see any evidence of it when watching the VOBs? If you still have the ISOs, try mounting them with DVDFab Virtual Drive (free) and see if they will play in a licensed player, such as TMT5/6 or PowerDVD14.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm sorry, but I'm not able to provide more data than mentioned above.

My main question is: Is there any other free software being able to repair corrupted VOB files, like MakeMKV (which can only produce MKV, not ISO/VOB)?

By the way, MakeMKV shows up a warning every time when an ISO file generated with DVD Copy is processed ("DvdFab/MacTheRipper which is known to produce damaged VOB files"...).

Comment

These are some of the mentioned DVDs:

DVD Copy produced a working ISO file only from disc 1, discs 2-6 resulted in corrupted ISO files.

Comment

This is not really much to go on, and illustrates one of the reasons that I always write to DVD folders instead of image files, it is just another layer where things can go wrong. If the problem is the DVD structure, try FixVTS by jeanl which is free. PGCEdit will also find and correct some structural deficiencies in DVDs. I don't believe either will correct problems with the actual mpeg2 video. I have no idea what the MakeMKV error message means.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X