Unable to identify media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to identify media

Well, been here a long time but this is my first post and I am stumped. I installed the new Beta and attempted to make a backup of Annie and Fab read the original disc but when I put a blank disc in my other drive it failed to detect the media (got the barber pole saying trying to detect media) I assumed I had a defective blank disc and replaced it with another but the same issue persisted. I tried half a dozen discs but it would not recognize them. I then assumed that something had gone wrong with the drive (it's only a few months old but you never know) so I changed the parameter in the program to read and write from the same drive. It read the disc fine but when I swapped in the blank it sat there unable to detect writable media. I reloaded 9.1.9.2 and everything worked perfectly I was able to make my backup using my two drives as usual. I reinstalled 9.3 went back and pulled out a DVD that I had backed up last week and got the same error again.. I got no clue, I will stick with 9.2 for the time being but I just wanted to report this. There is no log generated as far as I can tell because the original disc reads fine. I am listing my PC config just in case that helps. Keep up the good work.

Tom

Intel 3.5GHZ Quad Core i7 4770K
    Asus/Intel Z-87 Pro Motherboard
    16GB Crucial Dominator DDR3 Memory
    Samsung 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Velociraptor, Seagate 4TB SSHD
    ATI Radeon 7970 2GB PCIE Video Card
    2 Plextor DVD-RW SATA Drives PX 891-SAW
    Corsair 850 Watt Modular Power Supply
    2 Dell FPW 27" Monitors @ 2560X1440
    Lian Li Aluminum Case
    Windows 7 Professional X64

Hi,

Which burning engine is used in V9193?

Would you please set to DVDFab Burning Engine in Common Settings -> Drivers -> DVD Write and try again?

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Very interesting, switching from Imgburn to the Fab burner eliminates the issue in 9.3. I have been using Imgburn for years and have never seen this issue before and I have been through years of Fab versions. Does this mean going forward you will not be supporting ImgBurn or is this just some problem that they have to fix in order for these programs to continue to work together. Thanks for your help Wilson.

Tom

Comment

I hadn't noticed because I save a main movie ISO to the HDD to use in my media player and burn from that independent of DVDFab with ImgBurn and that works fine. I tried from Fab 9.1.9.3b and it doesn't work with ImgBurn.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Hopefully it's just an issue with that version and not that DVDFab is dropping support for Imgburn.
          I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

No, DVDFab will not drop out support for ImgBurn and the issue will be fixed in next version.

ImgBurn is a good free burning engine.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Sounds great, thanks again.

Tom

Comment

Hi,b00bie
                Please download v9194 and try again.

Comment

Works great...thanks

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by b00bie View Post
                    Well, been here a long time but this is my first post and I am stumped. I installed the new Beta and attempted to make a backup of Annie and Fab read the original disc but when I put a blank disc in my other drive it failed to detect the media (got the barber pole saying trying to detect media) I assumed I had a defective blank disc and replaced it with another but the same issue persisted. I tried half a dozen discs but it would not recognize them. I then assumed that something had gone wrong with the drive (it's only a few months old but you never know) so I changed the parameter in the program to read and write from the same drive. It read the disc fine but when I swapped in the blank it sat there unable to detect writable media. I reloaded 9.1.9.2 and everything worked perfectly I was able to make my backup using my two drives as usual. I reinstalled 9.3 went back and pulled out a DVD that I had backed up last week and got the same error again.. I got no clue, I will stick with 9.2 for the time being but I just wanted to report this. There is no log generated as far as I can tell because the original disc reads fine. I am listing my PC config just in case that helps. Keep up the good work.

Tom

Intel 3.5GHZ Quad Core i7 4770K
                    Asus/Intel Z-87 Pro Motherboard
                    16GB Crucial Dominator DDR3 Memory
                    Samsung 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Velociraptor, Seagate 4TB SSHD
                    ATI Radeon 7970 2GB PCIE Video Card
                    2 Plextor DVD-RW SATA Drives PX 891-SAW
                    Corsair 850 Watt Modular Power Supply
                    2 Dell FPW 27" Monitors @ 2560X1440
                    Lian Li Aluminum Case
                    Windows 7 Professional X64
                    I have the exact same issue. I am running Windows 10, I have tried different burning engines and the trouble persists, I have also tried to burn with Nero with the same results, the blank media is not recognized.

Comment

Antonio, this may be a similar symptom but it is not the exact same problem, you are using Windows 10, which was not out when this thread was started. I suspect that nero is blocking DVDFab's access to the drive, try disabling it. Another user reported a similar problem after installing nero, in the past week. Post your DVDFab internal log session and the burn log of whichever burn engine you have selected. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I can't reproduce the issue, running W10 and Nero. Tried burning one with Nero and it went off without issue.
                        Attached Files
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X