DVDFab 9.1.9.4 will not copy non-copyright dvds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 9.1.9.4 will not copy non-copyright dvds

DVDFab 9.1.9.4 will not copy non-copyright protected dvds made of television shows I have burned to dvd. They are not copyright protected. I burned a television show off the television onto a dvd with a dvd recorder. DVDFab recognizes the dvd. But it only copies 114 MB of a 4.35 GB dvd. DVDFab is set at Copy(Full Disc). I have a lifetime subscription.

You could try the clone option. That might do the job. If not post your log files.
    Visualize Whirled Peas.

Comment

since the discs aren't protected, have you tried to "disable pathplayer"
      in settings restart dvdfab and try the discs again? you can also try
      the clone feature.

Comment

Hi,

We are working on a copy issue when opening the recorded DVD disc.

Please wait some time.

Thanks!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I've noticed that DVDfab won't copy when it doesn't need to. It is "smart" enough to know that what you are trying to do doesn't need to be processed so it doesn't do it.

Unless you need to shrink the file or converter it to another format, the best program to copy an unprotected DVD is Imgburn.

Comment

SweetOne
            I think the issue here is the format or file system of the discs, possibly DVD-VR or something similar. I agree about ImgBurn.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have used DVDFab many times before to copy a non-copyrighted dvd. DVDFab worked perfectly then. But with the latest upgrade of DVDFab, I no longer can copy non-copyrighted dvds. I use Verbatim dvd-r discs recorded using a Magnavox dvd recorder.

Comment

They are working on it, thanks for the confirmation.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

We did some fix in the test version for the recorded DVD video, I sent it to you via forum PM, please check it.

Please try it again and tell me the result.

Wilson
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

I have a collection of Anime which when ever I acquire new series, I use DVDFab Copy to do a complete Hard Drive folder image of each disk so you can view and open the file structure in windows explorer and play the folder image with your favorite video player.

I have over 10 TBs of Anime and recently I have started using DVDFab Ripper with the Edit option to convert each and every episode to MKV format to save space on my drives.

I have noticed the problem that Gary12 is talking about or at least something similar.

It seems that DVDFab refuses to recognize some of the Folder images and won't even attempt to load them.

A few of the series I am having this problem with are as follows.

Strike Witches Season 1 - 2 Vols (Originally copied with DVDFab 8.1.3.0)
                    Tales of the Abyss - 4 Vols (Originally copied with DVDFab 8.1.3.0)
                    The Third - The Girl With the Blue Eye - 6 DVD Boxed set (Originally copied with DVDFab 8.1.3.0)

They were all region 1 when I copied them with DVDFab.

There are others that I have found which DVDFab will not recognize, but for now, I suppose that these will do as examples.

NOTE: You can use NotePad to look inside either the BUP or IFO files to see what program was used to convert the video. In the case of DVDFab, it'll also tell you the version.

At first I was thinking that DVDFab 8.1.3.0 might have been the problem here, but then while checking things out, I found that there are Folder images which were created with DVDFab 8.1.3.0 which DVDFab will recognize.

Hopefully staff will be able to find the source of the problem.

Comment

@鬼太郎

I sent a PM to you, please check it!

Thanks!

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

When I went to post the logs you requested, I found the solution to my problem.

As I said in the PM I just sent you, the old adage,
                        "You can't see the forest for the trees" really does apply in my situation.

Turns out that DVDFab does not recognize Japanese and Chinese when used in Windows Explorer for Folder names.

In the dvdfab_internal.log there would be question marks in place of the actual characters.

This is what caused my problem with DVDFab not recognizing some Folder images.

I have a habit of labeling some folders in English with the Japanese name immediately after it. Then the folder Images for that series will go in that folder.

Comment

Working...
                        X