This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab won't split Schindler's List

Hi all, first post and appreciate any help.

Registered user of DVDFab, v 6.2.1.8, DVD to DVD mode. I have never had problems setting up to split a movie with DVDFab, but I am having problems with Schindler's List. The original has the movie on sides A and B, just side A loads to 'main movie' at 67%, but when I click to split mode it does not show the tracks that will go to which disc, how much memory to each disc, etc. All of that info is blank.

It appears to load and be ready to copy in main movie mode but is not loading the movie in split mode.

Any thoughts as to why is this happening? Could it have to do with the fact that on the original the movie continues onto side B? Thanks.

Not sure if that the reason but have you tried to disable pathplayer as that is an old movie and some old movies do not require pathplayer to be used

Comment

I had not tried that, thanks for the suggestion. However, I tried it just now and same problem.

Any other thoughts?

Comment

If I remember correctly, Schindler's List continues the chapter numbers from side A onto side B, which may be confusing the auto-split function. There are two other ways to do this: first, you can use Merge mode to put side A and side B onto one DL disc with a Quality reading of around 82-85%. You'll need to copy side B to a hard drive folder before starting the merge. You can also use Customize Split mode, which will let you manually select the chapters where the split will occur. The movie will be on at least 3 and maybe 4 discs if you use Customize Split unless you allow lots of compression (which you can control by changing the chapter numbers where the split takes place).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Could be that it confuses the software, it certainly acts that way since it loads side A no problem in Main Movie mode.

I don't have a DL burner or discs and have stuck with SL for now. I'm fine for a long film to take 3 discs, most films fit on 1 or sometimes 2.

I like the idea of the Customize Split mode, but I can't find it. When I bring up the Split mode I can't see the chapters or a "customize" button, and in settings I checked Split and Customize, but those only let me choose between the princess vs. black screen and to put as much on disc 1 or disc 2 as possible. Where should I look for Customize Split? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JRinGeorgia View Post
            Could be that it confuses the software, it certainly acts that way since it loads side A no problem in Main Movie mode.

I don't have a DL burner or discs and have stuck with SL for now. I'm fine for a long film to take 3 discs, most films fit on 1 or sometimes 2.

I like the idea of the Customize Split mode, but I can't find it. When I bring up the Split mode I can't see the chapters or a "customize" button, and in settings I checked Split and Customize, but those only let me choose between the princess vs. black screen and to put as much on disc 1 or disc 2 as possible. Where should I look for Customize Split? Thanks.
            Check out the highlighted part of the attachment I posted for the customized split option
            Attached Files

Comment

Wait...just right-clicked and found it...

Comment

You can read about how to use it with examples in the Official Guide (Tutorial) on the dvdfab.com website. It should be in the DVD to DVD menu pane with no right clicking necessary.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

OK, that did it, thanks so much.

Apparently several of the options are not pre-configured onto the menu, I did not have Customize Split or a few others on there, but I now added them.

So you figured out the problem for me and opened my eyes to a whole new set of capabilities. Very much obliged!

Comment

And FYI Schindler's main movie recorded to 3 SL discs at 100% each...

Comment

Excellent, glad it worked for you. I did mine using Merge.

Comment

Merge is one of the functions I didn't know I had, until I found it last night. I'll have to explore that a bit.

Thanks again to both of you for guiding me over this hurdle.

Comment

Working...
                        X