Can not burn DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not burn DVD

Two or three updates a ago DVDFab stopped burning DVDs. The problem is that it burns really really really slow then finally stops. This happens when I use VSO burning engine. If I change to DVDFab burning engine the DVD burns just fine. But DVDfab burning engine seems to have a problem with layer break (it was a distinctive pause) and I never had that problem with the VSO burning engine. I downloaded an original version of the VSO burning engine from the VSO-software.fr website and replaced your version with that one and that seems to have solved the problem. The only difference is your version has been modified and their hasn't. Why would I need to do this? I have a friend that is having the same problem.

Post the burn log from one of these that didn't work. What information do you have about the VSO engine in DVDFab being modified? Not the case as far as I know. If you want the best performance on DL burns, I suggest ImgBurn. If you are doing Full Disc backups, uncheck the box in Common Settings that says "Remove Layer Break".
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Requested by signals

This attached file is complete log of the failed process.

I also attached the properties of both your vso_hwe.dll and the one I downloaded from the VSO website. And highlighted the modified dates.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you may have selected 4488 as the size for DVD-5 and that won't work. 4482 is the maximum size on a single layer blank. I select customize and set it to 4472 and have had no problems.
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

It was defaulted to 4300. I actually think that the vso_hwe.dll file might have been corrupt because when I replaced the vso_hwe.dll file with the one I got from the VSO French website it fixed the problem. When I updated to 9.2.0.1 that is when I started having problems. Then 9.2.0.2 came out shortly after that and I updated again. I use the window that pops up when a new version is available when you start DVDFab. Updating that way appears to only update only certain files (the ones that need updated). So I went to your website and downloaded version 9.2.0.2 and installed it which did a complete install and replaced all the files. Then I copied Avatar which is a dual layer DVD to a single layer DVD and it copied just fine using the VSO burning engine.

Comment

This line from your posted log is befuddling and will likely prevent successful burning:

"19m 18.51s: Burn disc space is: 4488"

Albert Einstein

Comment

I thought a DVD-R was 4488 and a DVD+R was 4482 (see your thumbnail above). That is what that line represents. Because when I burn a DVD+R (which I did Last night) that line shows up as 4482. But I have left writable media size at the default size of 4300.
              Attached Files

Comment

Actual disc data size is:
                Blank DVD-R 4,489MB 4,706,074,624 bytes or 4.383GB
                Blank DVD+R 4,483MB 4,700,372,992 bytes or 4.377GB

Comment

If I ever knew that I've long since forgotten. I haven't used -R blanks in years and probably never will.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X