Ripping to WD personal cloud drive issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping to WD personal cloud drive issues

So I have a WD personal cloud drive at my home and I am trying to make digital back ups of my dvd collection which I can then view via my roku device. However some of the movies, while successful in being ripped to the cloud drive (I can see the files on the drive) I can't see through the roku menu. Some of them work no problem. Any thoughts?
    More information:
    I even have issues with tv seasons. For example Season 1 disc 1 of a particular show has 4 episodes and all 4 episodes rip to the drive with no issues but only 2 or 3 show up on the roku menu even though all 4 can be seen on the cloud drive via the computer.

Very frustrating
    Please help

Are you using DVD Copy or DVD Ripper to process these titles?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Are you using DVD Copy or DVD Ripper to process these titles?
      Dvd Ripper

Comment

There must be some variation in the files that is choking the Roku. I would put them on your PC and see if they play back with Fab Player or VLC and possibly analyze them with MediaInfo to see what the differences may be. You can post the MediaInfo output here if desired.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry I am still new to a lot of this stuff. How do I analyze them exactly?

Comment

Side note, I can see them and play them via quicktime on the computer. So they are ok. Its just not being picked up by the roku all the time. I wonder if there are different channels on the roku I can get so I can see them better.

Comment

It is certainly possible that this is some sort of time-varying Roku issue. MediaInfo is a free analysis tool, you can get it here: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo Be careful, it is bundled with other stuff that may try to change your browser or search engine, just uncheck the boxes for things you don't want installed. It will output a text file that you can attach to a post using the Manage Attachments button, which appears below the post editing window (scroll down).

For playback on a Roku or similar device, I think the standard recommendation around here would be to use DVD Ripper to convert the DVDs to a high quality MP4 file.

Originally posted by Highlander2100 View Post
              Sorry I am still new to a lot of this stuff. How do I analyze them exactly?

Comment

Working...
              X