This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 6220

Just downloaded the newest version of Fab. It's the paid version. My movies do not show up in the "temp" folder of Fab. I tried to do Halloween 2 & I Can do Bad All By Myself, it says they copied successfully, but when trying to play them in Power DVD I get message like, "disc error, disc is not playable because of protection or scratched disc.

Also everyone raves about imgburn. I followed StormJumper's hints to get it work with Fab, but haven't had any luck with it. Gives message that this page file is too small. Please Help.

I have had Halloween 2 for 2 weeks now and DVDFab can do that movie and can as well do the other movie you mentioned. As for StormJumper's hints on how to get ImgBurn to work with DVDFab I never knew he had it posted on this forum. Now you can go to this link http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php?p=55&postcount=2 and watch the youtube video to see how to get ImgBurn to work with DVDFab I as well have moved your thread to the DVD to DVD section for better support

Comment

Originally posted by imcab View Post
      Just downloaded the newest version of Fab. It's the paid version. My movies do not show up in the "temp" folder of Fab. I tried to do Halloween 2 & I Can do Bad All By Myself, it says they copied successfully, but when trying to play them in Power DVD I get message like, "disc error, disc is not playable because of protection or scratched disc.

Also everyone raves about imgburn. I followed StormJumper's hints to get it work with Fab, but haven't had any luck with it. Gives message that this page file is too small. Please Help.
      Hi imcab

As AGJ stated DVDFab has no trouble with Halloween 2 & I Can do Bad All By Myself, so there must be other factors causing your issue I don't normally log on here in this forum but since your talking about the guide in my signature you know where to find me

Comment

No problem here getting I Can Do Bad All By Myself, did not get the other one.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
        Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

I have never had a movie that i could not copy, using the movie only option.
          Sometime i may have to disable pathplayer, to get it.
          But i would succeed. I don't believe in updating the version i am currently using until it is necessary. How does that old saying go? "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". When you have a problem disc, try using an older version first and see if you are lucky.
          "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

Where is V6.2.2.2 ? Is there something thats not posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Five Angels View Post
              Where is V6.2.2.2 ? Is there something thats not posted?
              If there is a V6.2.2.2 it is well hidden I can not find it.

Comment

Probably just a typo we all have them
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

While I'm sure you're finding all these posts about success inspirational, a little practical help might also be in order.

Do NOT use the temp folder for storage after a rip. It is cleared by Fab after the requested tasks have been completed.

Set up a separate folder (I created one in My Documents which I called My Movies, and use it for storage if I'm not going to write a DVD immediately).

Re Imgburn: There is one change you have to make in Fab, and two changes and one setting to do in Imgburn to get these two programs to work together. If you have fiddled with Imgburn trying to get it to work, run Imgburn, go into Settings, and at the bottom left of that window is a box that says 'restore defaults'.

Click on that, then please follow the instructions at the beginning of this forum to set up Imgburn (I'm assuming that you've already set Imgburn in Fab, and left the speed at 'recommended').

Any further issues, please let us know.

DC

Comment

Their is also a setting in Fab in general settings you can click off to not delete temp files when done.
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      Their is also a setting in Fab in general settings you can click off to not delete temp files when done.

Yes, indeed.

I deliberately didn't mention that, as if he does, he'll either be:

a) going in and deleting files from 2 folders
                      b) having to cope with a bunch of prompts from Fab before he starts a rip.

What I've done is left that part alone in Fab, and on page 2 of the Write mode in Imgburn is the option to not prompt for file deletion - I've checked that and ticked 'answer yes', and as a result, after a successful burn, Imgburn deletes the source files, and Fab has already taken care of the 'Temp' folder.

Every start is a fresh one.

DC

P.S. Would suggest you do this only if you use a separate folder on your HD for saving files for burning later - if you do mostly DVD to DVD (literally), don't flag that delete option in Imgburn.

Last edited by DarthCopier; 01-16-2010, 05:46 AM.

Comment

To avoid further confusion I have retitled this thread. There is no v6.2.2.2 now but there might be.

It was not clear to me whether the OP was trying to play the temp files for burned discs. I suggest
                        getting a big external drive for storing movie folders. Keeps them from clogging up the boot drive and
                        makes it much faster to defrag. Externals are fairly inexpensive.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X