Need Help removing Nero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help removing Nero

Nero is still coming up in the burning options of DvdFab, after a complete uninstall of both products and a reinstall of DvdFab. Where does DvdFab get the information to create the list of installed burning programs?

DvdFab is crashing everytime it tries to use VSO to create an iso.
    This all started when I installed Nero stupidly.
    I did not need Nero, so I uninstalled (I thought).
    I went through manually, after it wasn't working, and got rid of any trace of Nero, or so I thought.
    I did the same thing with DvdFab, complete uninstall, and manual removal.
    I restarted.
    Then I installed DvdFab.
    Nero is still coming up in the burning options.
    VSO is still crashing when writing iso.
    Please help, I do not want to switch from VSO, but more importantly, I want Nero off this machine.
    i.e. I want to fix the problem, not just bandaid it by switching to another engine.

Like this:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Like this:
      Do you have Nero installed?

Not sure I made myself clear. That is indeed the list I am referring to. My question is how does DvdFab (from a programtic perspective on the backend (like is their a registry key used?)) compile that list.

I ask, because my list has Nero in it as well, yet I have no Nero anywhere on my machine. Given Nero is in my list, I have to assume, I missed uninstalling some part of it.

I'm compiling logs now to upload, but I really think this is just going to come back to Nero not being fully uninstalled, which is why that was my first question. Everything was working fine yesterday and for the past 6 months.

Comment

Nero is installed as an option in Fab whether it is installed on your system or not. If it's not installed and it's selected you'll know!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Here are the log files when vso is selected as burning engine.
          zip file is just log file directory zipped up
          Attached Files

Comment

Nero is installed as an option in Fab whether it is installed on your system or not. If it's not installed and it's selected you'll know!
            Well good, then maybe nero really is uninstalled.

Comment

So for this test, I selected the dvdfab as the burning engine (first choice).
              The zip file attached is from the crash window that came up.
              Other files are from log directory.
              Let me know what else I can provide or test,
              I'm desperate to be back up and running.
              Attached Files

Comment

This line is from your log: 12m 19.96s: build iso from C:/New folder/temp/Temp/FullDisc/JURASSIC_PARK_TRILOGY/ with MyBurn

What is MyBurn?

Albert Einstein

Comment

This line is from your log: 12m 19.96s: build iso from C:/New folder/temp/Temp/FullDisc/JURASSIC_PARK_TRILOGY/ with MyBurn

What is MyBurn?
                  No idea, have to assume related to the dvdfab burning engine option choice. Which log file you see that in ?

Comment

DVDFab_internal.log Looks like you may have selected to make an iso rather than burn to a disc or the HDD.

Albert Einstein

Comment

DVDFab_internal.log Looks like you may have selected to make an iso rather than burn to a disc or the HDD.
                      Yes, I only make isos.
                      I tried making ISO with vso, and then with dvdfab burning engine. Both crash during ISO write.
                      I have not tried with blueray
                      Last edited by booradlly; 08-27-2015, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I would download and install ImgBurn to the default location and use that. Most of us old hands use it. If you do watch the dialog boxes during install carefully or as with most all freeware you'll get software you don't want or need.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I would download and install ImgBurn to the default location and use that. Most of us old hands use it. If you do watch the dialog boxes during install carefully or as with most all freeware you'll get software you don't want or need.
                          If thats the only option, I'm reinstalling the OS.
                          I also may have installed klite codec pack, that could also be causing issues.
                          I uninstalled that also, but really question if its really uninstalled as well.

Comment

Everything is working now.
                            As a hail mary I used Revo Uninstaller on k-lite, Nero, and DvdFab, then reinstalled DvdFab and it worked, no idea.

Interesting note, after reinstalling DvdFab I noticed the A/V Codec page was different. While I was having issues, Lightning-Shrink was not an option, I could choose the video decoder, and the encoder was set to software. But now, decoder and encoder are grayed out and set to cuda, and lightning shrink is again an option.

Comment

The settings interact to some degree. Setting Lightning Shrink forces CUDA encode/decode. Disabling all GPU makes Lightning Shrink unavailable.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X