Backup not the right size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup not the right size

Simon and Simon Season 7 doesn't backup correctly but it says it was successful. I tried with the latest version of DVDfab, and it finished in under 3 minutes. But the total file size was under 3 gb. However the actual disk is over 7gb. I then tried with the US version and the size it saw was over 5 GB. Then I installed version 8Qt and the size was also over 5 GB.

please post the dvdfab internal log files.

Comment

kev
      Look through the DVDFab internal log file using Notepad and find the session for this disc made with the latest version of DVDFab. Attach it to a new post using the instructions linked in my sig, below.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've attached the last part of the log. It appears that what came before this was the previous disk I did which was not one of the Simon and Simon Season 7 disks.

The copy size was 3.40 GB (3,651,842,048 bytes)

Windows Exploerer says the actual disc size is 6.70GB
        Attached Files

Comment

have you tried the rest of the discs from the set or
          is it just this one disc?? do the other discs have this problem too??
          Last edited by october262; 08-31-2015, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Well, I only actually copied D1. I put disc 2 into the drive and DVDfab showed that it would be considerably smaller than what the disk showed as well.

I copied season 4 and as far I know it all worked and nothing unusual occurred. I'll double check the file sizes tomorrow when I'm back on that computer. Haven't tried watching them yet.

Comment

Please try watching them, i.e. the ones that you believe worked OK to make sure they play back correctly with no missing content (and the menus work as they should). If you got good log sessions from the Season 4 discs, attach one of them so we can take a look.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I watched Season 4 Disk 1 and it played all right. I used the menus to select each of the episodes and then watched each one. I am attaching the log when this disk was copied.

I will watch the original disk for Season 7 Disk 1 to make sure that it plays OK. I didn't copy S7D2 but it showed a smaller size in DVDFab as well.

Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your cooperation, please let us know what you find as this continues.

Comment

I watched Season 7 D1...the original disk that I purchased. It plays fine. There were 4 episodes on the disk. Each episode was about 47 minutes long. I used the menus to select each episode and then watch it.

Comment

Working...
                    X