This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reading/writing error

I have tried making a copy of several different copied disc and it gets to about 70% and stops working. It says there is a reading/writing error. I have also tried copying with other program and it is giving the same error message. I know it must have something to do with my computer and not the program, but I still need help. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Last edited by AGJ; 01-17-2010, 05:38 AM. Reason: removed other program name

Originally posted by trkybtt View Post
    I have tried making a copy of several different copied disc and it gets to about 70% and stops working. It says there is a reading/writing error. I have also tried copying with other program and it is giving the same error message. I know it must have something to do with my computer and not the program, but I still need help. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I made a small portion of your post bold, as I have a question.

Are you trying to copy discs that have already been copied (and have had the copy protection removed)??

If so, DVDFab won't do what you want, but the other program you mentioned should.

If that software won't, then there's probably a problem with the disc you are trying to copy. If cleaning the source disk doesn't work, then the problem on that disc may not be correctable.

If it is an original disc (as in store-bought), then the disc might be bad, and you may need to get a replacement from the store you first bought it from.

DC

Last edited by AGJ; 01-18-2010, 05:07 AM. Reason: edited quote

Comment

Fab shouldn't have any trouble at all with this.
      However, using Fab is overkill in the sense that it is unnecessary to decrypt a previously "decrypted" disc.
      You can use a variety of burning software such as Img, Nero, etc., to "copy a copy".

If you wish to copy to your hdd, Fab will do this as well.
      The fact that Fab is failing tells us that something else going on here.
      First off, alter your PathPlayer settings. Try disabling PP. If already disabled, enable PP.
      For addtional tips, click on the link in my sig below...
      Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds

If nothing thus far resolves this, please post back with addtional details.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Scan the discs with one of the readability tools--VSO Inspector is free and works well. Sounds like the discs were bad media burned too fast. DVDFab may read it if you turn PathPlayer off (disable). As maineman pointed out, you don't really need to run it through Fab again unless you want to change something.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Since my last post, I have tried store bought movies also. Nothing works. I know it isnt bad media b/c I have tried different movies that have burned before. I dont believe it is a program problem b/c other program is doing the same thing. I tried to run the fix it program through microsoft but didnt have luck with it either.
          Last edited by AGJ; 01-18-2010, 05:08 AM. Reason: removed other program name

Comment

If other software is failing then it could be the drivers or the drive itself.

Dry removing the drivers and re-boot so windows finds them again.
            If don't work try changing your drive.

Comment

trkybtt this is DVDFab forum and mentioning other programs is not allowed here.

Now have you installed anything since the last time DVDFab worked for you. Could you download and install ImgBurn and the post your Fliter drive load order here. The reason I ask that is because a filter that was installed could be causing this issue

Comment

I know this is obvious but did you check the disc for finger prints and scratches?
                I love having the power to break copyright protection. Ever since I've discovered it I've hated it. It's great for putting video on an ipod. So I thank the team here for what they do.

Comment

Working...
                X