This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab Burning Engine Question

I hope I'm not repeating anything. I've searched for info on DVD Fab Burning Engine which is one of the selectable engines along with VOS, Nero, and Imgburn. Is there any advantage to using it? I've had severely slow burns with both my E: and F: SATA LG drives on my spare machine running XP. I've installed Imgburn but was wondering if using DVD Fab Burning Engine would speed things up. If not, I'll select Imgburn and see if that perks things up.
    Attached Files

Include the burn log. The internal log doesn't tell much about the burn process.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Burn Log as requested

Thanks. Attached is the VSO burn log.
      Attached Files

Comment

The log looks more or less normal, it kept looking back and forth at the D and E drives for some reason. It reports a successful burn at 4.2X speed aveage. For DL blanks, I would suggest using ImgBurn for better layer break control options. I use the Fab Internal engine for SL blanks. Always select a specific burning speed rather than "Recommended", it will almost always be too fast, leading to read errors near the end (or middle for DL) of the discs.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Interesting to say the least

Onscreen it showed the speed as averaging .5 or .64? Drive D is my secondary HDD and E is one of the two LG DVD drives. Next time I'll use Imgburn and see how that goes. It's all set up and I will change the speed to 1/2 the disc max. Thanks again.

Comment

Everything works great!

I set up DVD Fab to burn with Imgburn. Yesterday I archived CITIZENFOUR. I'd followed the settings instruction for both programs and it copied and burned much, much, more rapidly!! Thanks.

Comment

Glad to hear it.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X