Decrypt stop working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decrypt stop working

Hello -- Please clarify I just tried to decyrpt/copy a dvd.

After a few minutes DVDFab/copy issued a pop-up that said that I would have to buy "copy" or wait untill the next version of decryptor is out -- I found the 9.2.1.9 dowload, updated from the old version but still getting the "buy" message

I thought that the "decrypt" version was alway free? Thanks

are you trying to copy a new release dvd??
    if so, then the free HD Decrypter version might not be able to copy it.
    you will need to use the licensed version.
    please post the dvdfab internal log files.

Comment

dvdfab copy/decrypt not working

Hello -- thank for your reply --

No, its not a new release -- Its from 2013 --

I then installed dvdfab 9.2.1.9 on another system and I was able to copy OK -- my guess on the 2nd system it was in trial mode

Where can I find the log files?

Thanks

fpe

Comment

The log files are located in different places of different operating systems, but DVDFab always knows where they are. Click on the small triangle in the upper right of the DVDFab window and select Open Log Folder from the dropdown menu. Then follow the steps link in my sig, below.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here is the last entry in the log file that noted I need to buy the copy option or wait for the next version of decrypt
          Attached Files

Comment

The log indicates you do not have a license for DVD Copy. If you do have it, you may need to activate the product again. Use the same small trianlge again and this time select Activate and enter your email and password that you used to register. The free version of DVDFab won't open this disc.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              The log indicates you do not have a license for DVD Copy. If you do have it, you may need to activate the product again. Use the same small trianlge again and this time select Activate and enter your email and password that you used to register. The free version of DVDFab won't open this disc.
              Yes -- I don't have a license, but the "decrypt function" is always free. Does the code "decide" what dvd it will decode for free?

Comment

In a way, yes it does. Decryption fixes for new discs is available immediately for registered users, since there are costs associated with providing it. This is a long-standing policy.

Comment

It Free?

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  In a way, yes it does. Decryption fixes for new discs is available immediately for registered users, since there are costs associated with providing it. This is a long-standing policy.

The the text on the website is misleading since the is a section called "free tools" -- nowhere is it noted on what conditions its free!!

Comment

This policy is explained in detail here http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=879 and is, after all, free. It can decrypt tens of thousands of DVD titles.

Comment

It says very clearly "older discs".
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X