Clone vs Full disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone vs Full disc

Please let me understand the difference between two methods.

I always make a full copy of purchased dvd into my hard drive. If the movie has special effects and (or) very long, I use a DL blank disc and burn it. I prefer a DVD+R for movies with less than 5GB and select "movie only" feature. The cost is the reason. Some compression to fit that much data onto 4300 MB blank disc is fine with me.

Is there any advantage of cloning the disc and creating an iso file, then burning it onto blank disc?

Dear Skoy,

The difference between these two modules are as below:

Clone: Make perfect 1:1 Blu-ray clone.

Full Disc: Make perfect 1:1 Blu-ray copy or you can save space by chooseing remove HD audio or compress to bd25.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Thank You kindly.

Comment

I disagree, cloning does NOT make an exact copy of the disc. My cloned copies are usually smaller in size than the original disc and missing titles/tracks. For example, when I cloned the movie A Simple Favor, the clone was 2GB smaller than the original disc, missing several titles & when I compared the list of titles between the original disc & the clone using DVDFab Player 5, the clone showed many of the titles to have a length of 0:15 when the original disc showed a length of 1:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Clover246 View Post
          I disagree, cloning does NOT make an exact copy of the disc. My cloned copies are usually smaller in size than the original disc and missing titles/tracks. For example, when I cloned the movie A Simple Favor, the clone was 2GB smaller than the original disc, missing several titles & when I compared the list of titles between the original disc & the clone using DVDFab Player 5, the clone showed many of the titles to have a length of 0:15 when the original disc showed a length of 1:56.
          The problem you reported here is not because that Clone create a file of less size. Clone is 1:1 output.

Please provide a purchase link for movie "A Simple Favor" and post the related dvdfab_internal.log file.

Also, please make a folder containing everything in the original disc volume EXCEPT those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream, zip it and attach it to our FTP. Please check PM for FTP info, thank you.

Comment

(Is there any advantage of cloning the disc and creating an iso file, then burning it onto blank disc?)
            A clone is a exact copy minus the copy protection that also takes room on the disk by using clone and burn it will burn everything as it is on the disk except the copy protection without any compression at all.

If you want to compress it or just copy main movie or full disk with English soundtracks say or just English subtitles then you don't use clone as clone copy's all the soundtracks and all the different subtitles on the disk.This is why a clone is bigger than a full disk.

Tags: None

Comment

And then, what is the difference between cloning and ISO? Does DVDfab do exactly the same process in both options?
              Is it exactly the same? I have made a clone and an iso of the same DVD and it occupies exactly the same space....
              When cloning a disk the resulting file is also .ISO
              Last edited by masterlogic; 07-19-2019, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by masterlogic View Post
                And then, what is the difference between cloning and ISO? Does DVDfab do exactly the same process in both options?
                Is it exactly the same? I have made a clone and an iso of the same DVD and it occupies exactly the same space....
                When cloning a disk the resulting file is also .ISO
                A clone is a cloned copy of a disc, the clone will be identical in quality to the original. An ISO file is a compressed version of the whole disc into 1 file that can be burned back to a blank disc using DVD fab, Clone BD, IMG burn, or any program that supports burning ISO files. They are both similar in how dvd fab handles them, but not the exact same. Cloning an original DVD or making an ISO file then burning to disc is the same unless you burn to a blank BD 25 disc, then it's shrunk down to fit on the disc.

Comment

Do you say that ISO is a compressed version of the disk?
                  I have made two copies (one ISO and one clone) of the same DVD and the result is that both files have the same file size. If ISO compresses it should be the smallest file ....

Comment

"Full Disc" means all Titles on the disc are copied, but they may be compressed. It is not a bit-for-bit copy like Clone mode, which cannot be compressed and requires a disc the same size as the one you are copying.

Comment

Clone is never compressed; an ISO made from Copy Mode (like Main Movie or Full Disc) can either be compressed or not depending on the size and options you choose. There is no real virtue to making an ISO from Copy Mode, it just adds a step in the processing for copy and playback, since the files must be extracted from the image to be able to play them. ISO may be easier to store or transport depending on how your system and player are setup.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X