Installed PassKey, now my DVDFab 9 won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed PassKey, now my DVDFab 9 won't work

I downloaded and installed PassKey a few days ago. Finally got it to work, but now when I open DVDFab 9 and I get the screen that shows which programs are activated, it shows that my DVD Copy is EXPIRED (see attachment). It was working fine before I installed PassKey, and when I checked my DVDFab account it shows that indeed it does not expire until Jan 2017 (see second attachment).
    I am not given the opportunity to activate it, only to buy it again.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files

Similar thing happened with me. Although not with Passkey but with the free activation code for Video Converter. I have a lifetime license for DVDFab Bluray Copy and as soon as I entered the details to activate the Video Converter then my license for Bluray Copy turned to trial user. I reactivated Bluray Copy with my email address and password and it came back as activated, but with Video Converter now back as trial user.
    I thought ok maybe the free Video Converter license is for people who have no other DVDFab license, but then why send emails out to people who have to get a free Converter license.

Comment

The free licenses are registered with the email you used on the website form. Only one email can be active at a time, so both can't work at once. Your free and paid licenses are both still there and still valid.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        The free licenses are registered with the email you used on the website form. Only one email can be active at a time, so both can't work at once. Your free and paid licenses are both still there and still valid.
        thanks for the info, but not sure I understand what you mean when you say "Only one email can be active at a time". I have used the same email address for many, many years, and it's the same email I used when I purchased DVD Copy and when I completed the website form for Passkey, so since it's the same email address for both doesn't that mean that both programs should show as Active?

Comment

I wish I could explain it better, this is the information I was given. If the license is on the same list in the Member Center with your others, the normal expectation would be that they should work together (but might show a different expiration date in the case of the Video Converter freebie).
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

well with video converter nothing shows up in my Members Center.
            I was given an email address and password to use, which I'll PM to you.
            If I use that it knocks out my Bluray copy license, and if I use my email address it says wrong username.
            No big deal it just seems a very odd thing. Why would they give out a license that negates your other license.

Comment

That was not the goal, more like an unintended consequence I think.

Comment

Working...
              X