Ant-Man and Avengers Age of Ultron backup issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ant-Man and Avengers Age of Ultron backup issues

When trying to backup my original purchased DVD movies the Ant-Man and Avengers Age of Ultron, the backups keep freezing during play back. I tried several times to backup both movies in which they successfully copy under Full Disc, but when putting on a blank DVD-R disc, it freezes up. When backing up both movies under Main Movie, they both play fine. However, I would like to backup both movies under Full Disc copy. I am attaching the DVDFab internal log files for both Ant-Man (2 log files in one) and Avengers Age of Ultron. Hope to hear from you soon to resolve the matter. Thanks.

Respectfully yours,
    Armitron77
    Attached Files

use good quality media such as verbatim.
    how fast are you burning your discs ??
    try burning at 8x or slower.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      use good quality media such as verbatim.
      how fast are you burning your discs ??
      try burning at 8x or slower.
      I am using good quality media such as Verbatim. I'm using the single layer DVD-R 4.7 GB blank discs. The speed in which I am using to burn the discs are exactly at 8x. I have always used that speed setting and have not had any issues. I am using the imgburn program to burn my backups at 8x to be exact. All my other backups were fine except for the two I am currently having issues with.

Comment

Hi armitron77
        Please post your burn log, thanks
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Why do you need to look at the burn logs?
          Attached Files

Comment

do you have dvdfab passkey ??
            if so, make sure that it is completely shut down/disabled
            i wouldn't run both dvdfab and dvdfab passkey together
            as they could cause problems working together.
            from your burn log - W 01:14:26 DVDFab Passkey can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!
            Last edited by october262; 12-21-2015, 04:01 PM.

Comment

As my friend october262 said use quality media and burn slower.

Originally posted by armitron77 View Post
              I am using good quality media such as Verbatim. I'm using the single layer DVD-R 4.7 GB blank discs.
              The speed in which I am using to burn the discs are exactly at 8x.
              Burn Log
              I 01:14:28 Image Single Layer Profile: DVD-R/RW (Media Capacity: 2,297,888)
              Average Write Rate: 47,357 KiB/s (35.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 126,957 KiB/s (93.9x)

CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                As my friend october262 said use quality media and burn slower.

Burn Log
                I 01:14:28 Image Single Layer Profile: DVD-R/RW (Media Capacity: 2,297,888)
                Average Write Rate: 47,357 KiB/s (35.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 126,957 KiB/s (93.9x)

CBR929
                What you see in terms of the burn log is when I made a ISO out of the movie that was already in my Hard Disk Drive. Hence the reason why you see the average write rate at 35.0x and so forth. Remember, all of the encryption was already removed. I'm still having issues as what I stated previously. Did you take a log at the internal log? Let me know what you think of the internal log. I noticed you only mentioned the burn log (as through that is going to solve the issue I am currently having) and not the internal log. Please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

The internal log does not indicate any problems. I have this disc and will try it also when time permits. Does it freeze up when you are trying to burn it or when you try to play it back, this is not clear in your original post and is probably why a burn log was requested.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    The internal log does not indicate any problems. I have this disc and will try it also when time permits. Does it freeze up when you are trying to burn it or when you try to play it back, this is not clear in your original post and is probably why a burn log was requested.
                    It freezes up when I play it from the Hard Disc Drive and from the DVD-R (Verbatim) blank discs I am currently using. However, I was unaware at the time of me burning the movie into a blank DVD-R disc that DVDPasskey was enabled. According to some members of this forum, it is recommended that DVDPasskey should be disabled as it could interfere with the copying (backup) and burning processes conducted by the DVDFab and imgburn programs. Therefore, I will try again and post my results. Having said that, I am a little confused about this because when I backed up the movie with the Main Movie option, it works perfectly as compared to when attempting to backup the movie with the Full Disc option. I conducted this while DVDPasskey was still enabled. Any clue as to what happened? Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Comment

I recommend that as well. If it won't play from the HDD, then the burn log is not relevant. Main Movie is a "re-author" mode and has new and much simpler IFO files than Full Disc so tends to have fewer rip and playback issues.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

One of your logs shows a problem communicating with the drive. I would do a clean uninstall and download the new revision and install as administrator and make sure OPC is enabled in ImgBurn. There may be other issues but that's a good place to start.
                        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                          One of your logs shows a problem communicating with the drive. I would do a clean uninstall and download the new revision and install as administrator and make sure OPC is enabled in ImgBurn. There may be other issues but that's a good place to start.
                          Ok. Got it. Where exactly may I find the OPC in the ImgBurn program?

Comment

In Tools/Settings and the Write tab, see attached:
                            Attached Files
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                              In Tools/Settings and the Write tab, see attached:
                              The OPC before Write option was un-checked. It's now checked. What does it do anyway?

Comment

Working...
                              X