Dvd burns successful but is blank when I put it in to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvd burns successful but is blank when I put it in to play

I have had dvdfab since it was a GOLD version. I have always burnt dvd's on memorex +r. I did the update last month where it converted the US version . It did the updates and since then EVERY dvd i try to burn ends up blank. Source and target are d drive. I have tried 15 different movies. Different blank dvd's (verbatum and memorex) It goes thru all the steps and says it was successful in burning to the dvd. However, the DVD shows up blank in a dvd player. Even the dvd writer thats on the computer shows the disk is empty right after it ejects it.

If i put it back in to record another dvd however, it says there is something on the disk and to insert a blank dvd.. You can see on the disk that something has been burned on it. But its like its not finalized even though it says it has been . I have tried 15 different movies over the week. All do the same.
    I even tried burning it from the temp folder on the computer and it says it is successful but dvd shows its blank. Yesterday i downloaded the 8 version and it did exactly the same thing. I haven't seen anything in the forums to help. I couldn't post to the forum so I contacted dvdfab. What she told me to try didn't make any difference. I'm tired of wasting dvd's. I'm sure its a simple fix but i cant find it. It does it on main movie and full version. I only use the dvd copy option. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hi still and
    Please post your internal and burn log for your latest attempts, you will find instructions in the link in my signature
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

burn files

11:32:26 Info SetWriter(D, 0)

11:32:26 Info SetDoNotAutoEjectDisc(0)

11:32:28 Info Open device

11:32:28 Info Lock device

11:32:28 Info MediaType: 12

11:35:30 Info Input Speed is: 11080, Output Speed: 11080

11:35:30 Info StartPerf Speed: 4684, EndPerf Speed: 11080

Burn Folder 2016-01-03 11:35:30 -----------------------------------------------

11:35:30 Info RootDir: C:/Users/susan win7 toshiba/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/MainMovie/90_MINUTES_IN_HEAVEN_1/

11:35:30 Info VolumeName: 90_MINUTES_IN_HEAVEN

11:35:30 Info WriteMode: 2

11:35:31 Info SetUDFRevision(258)

11:35:31 Info Master()

11:35:31 Info MediaType: 12

11:35:31 Info Capacity: 4482 MB

11:35:31 Info Operation Started!

11:35:31 Info Source File Size: 4290 MB

11:35:46 Info Writing LeadIn...

11:35:47 Info Write started 2196768 sectors to write

11:45:55 Info Synchronising Cache...

11:45:55 Info Synchronising Disc 0

11:45:58 Info Synchronising Disc 65536

11:45:59 Info Closing Track...

11:45:59 Info Finalising Disc...

11:46:28 Info Eject

11:46:28 Info Duration: 00:10:51

11:46:28 Info Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:10:51

11:46:28 Info Unlock device

11:46:28 Info Close device

23:59:00 Info SetWriter(D, 0)

23:59:00 Info SetDoNotAutoEjectDisc(0)

00:09:43 Info Open device

00:09:43 Info Lock device

00:09:43 Info Unlock device

00:09:43 Info Close device

00:09:57 Info Open device

00:09:57 Info Lock device

00:10:50 Info MediaType: 12

00:10:52 Info Input Speed is: 11080, Output Speed: 11080

00:10:52 Info StartPerf Speed: 4684, EndPerf Speed: 11080

Burn Folder 2016-01-04 00:10:52 -----------------------------------------------

00:10:52 Info RootDir: C:/Users/susan win7 toshiba/Documents/DVDFab9/Temp/MainMovie/HOME2/

00:10:52 Info VolumeName: HOME2

00:10:52 Info WriteMode: 2

00:10:52 Info SetUDFRevision(258)

00:10:52 Info Master()

00:10:52 Info MediaType: 12

00:10:52 Info Capacity: 4482 MB

00:10:52 Info Operation Started!

00:10:52 Info Source File Size: 3883 MB

00:11:10 Info Writing LeadIn...

00:11:10 Info Write started 1988576 sectors to write

00:21:11 Info Synchronising Cache...

00:21:11 Info Synchronising Disc 0

00:21:12 Info Synchronising Disc 65535

00:21:20 Info Synchronising Disc 65536

00:21:21 Info Closing Track...

00:21:21 Info Finalising Disc...

00:21:54 Info Eject

00:21:54 Info Duration: 00:10:55

00:21:54 Info Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:10:55

00:21:54 Info Unlock device

00:21:54 Info Close device

Comment

I just burned amazing racer. Here are the files for that. It said it burned successfully. I hit burn again and put the same disk back in and it burned the movie on it again. BUt still blank. I have been using dvdfab for years to burn disks. I never had a problem until it made the change from the US version.

I didnt even realize it was not actually putting them on the disk until last week when I put one of the movies into watch. Also I played one of the movies on windows media player.....so it is copying them to my computers hard drive and I can play them from there.

Thanks again for any help. Susan
        Attached Files

Comment

Your log looks odd, and it says you have a very old license for DVDFab Gold, which has not been sold in many, many years, but it still should work for Main Movie burns. The log says everything worked, so please try burning something else, just some files or other content to a blank DVD using windows or some other burn engine to see if the burn laser in your drive is actually working. I suspect the discs are not actually blank but are not playing for some reason. The US version should not be a factor, it had nothing to do with DVDs in any event, just Blu-rays.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi sgilland
            Please try using ImgBurn as your burn engine, you will find instructions in the link in my signature in setting it up with DVD Fab. Also in ImgBurn settings check the box for OPC see pic...
            If you suspect the disc is not finalized you can finalize it using ImgBurn
            Put the disc in your drive click Discovery > Tools > Drive > Close Track/Session/Disc
            Hope this helps CBR929
            Attached Files
            Last edited by CBR929; 01-07-2016, 02:41 AM. Reason: Added text
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Sounds like your optical drive is shot

I had something similar recently. DVDFAB said successful burn yet upon playing in a stand-alone player, it woudn't play at all---as if nothing on the disks. I swapped out my internal DVD writer with a new one I got on Amazon.com and now it writes just fine. Turns out it was the DVD writer, specifically the write capability that was bad. It would successfully decrypt the movies and then (seemingly)write it to disk, but it really was not. If you don't want to swap out the internal optical drive, then get an external optical drive that you can just hook up via a usb cable and the included AC adapter to power it. Make sure you get an external unit that is AC powered as some of the slim drives are only powered by usb and may not work on all computers---they need more power than just a usb connection to work. Optical drives do wear out depending on make, model, etc. Good luck. Always something, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Your log looks odd, and it says you have a very old license for DVDFab Gold, which has not been sold in many, many years, but it still should work for Main Movie burns. The log says everything worked, so please try burning something else, just some files or other content to a blank DVD using windows or some other burn engine to see if the burn laser in your drive is actually working. I suspect the discs are not actually blank but are not playing for some reason. The US version should not be a factor, it had nothing to do with DVDs in any event, just Blu-rays.
                Thanks for your help. I have not been able to find this thread so i had posted it again asking. It took so long for my stuff to post since i was new to the group I could not find it. I do have dvdfab gold which i purchased many years ago when it was free lifetime updates. So i still get the updates. I now have version 9.2.3.1 I only do dvd copy and no blu-rays so thats good to know. I am trying some pictures burning to the disk. it says 6 minutes to finish burning. I tried movies today and put disk back in and said burn again and it acted like it was a new disk and said successful burn. I looked at the logs an they looked weird. The sad thing is this computer is only a year old and after about 6 months it sounded like the hard drive was grinding so i have been trying to backup my stuff on an external just in case it does.

OK after patiently waiting to copy pictures to the disk after 6 minutes it says there was an error burning this disk. the disk may no longer be usable.

i have gotten this message before when i tried saving pictures to disk.

Comment

The sad thing is this is my new computer that i bought specifically to get windows 7 on because I hated windows 8. I have only had it a year. I have replaced dvd drives in my other laptops when they stopped recognizing it all together. I just assumed since it was reading the disks and copying them to the computer that the dvd drive was fine. But then i began suspecting something might be wrong with it when it seemed like there was something in the finalizing of the disks even though it said it was successful. I have an extra dvd writer that i bought for another laptop but not installed it yet. Not sure if it would work in this one. Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe i'm not going crazy after all

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                    Hi sgilland
                    Please try using ImgBurn as your burn engine, you will find instructions in the link in my signature in setting it up with DVD Fab. Also in ImgBurn settings check the box for OPC see pic...
                    If you suspect the disc is not finalized you can finalize it using ImgBurn
                    Put the disc in your drive click Discovery > Tools > Drive > Close Track/Session/Disc
                    Hope this helps CBR929
                    Thank you I had installed Imgburn and was so confused on how to use it that i gave up. I will look thru your notes and see if i can figure it out. I tried what you said about finalizing the disk that i had just burned and got an I/O error when i clicked on session and disc.
                    Ths close track gave me the following info. I will try and see if i can get it to work using your notes. Many thanks for your help.

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FB TF01 (SATA)
                    Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
                    State of Last Session: Empty
                    Erasable: No
                    Free Sectors: 2,295,104
                    Free Space: 4,700,372,992 bytes
                    Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)
                    Next Writable Address: 0
                    MID: CMC MAG-M01-00
                    Supported Write Speeds: 3x, 4x, 6x, 8x

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
                    Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00
                    Book Type: DVD+R
                    Part Version: 1
                    Disc Size: 120 mm
                    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
                    Number of Layers: 1
                    Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
                    Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
                    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
                    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
                    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
                    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
                    Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00
                    Book Type: DVD-ROM
                    Part Version: 1
                    Disc Size: 120 mm
                    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
                    Number of Layers: 1
                    Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
                    Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
                    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
                    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
                    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
                    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Performance (Write Speed):
                    Descriptor 1...
                    -> B0: 0x00, B1: 0x00, B2: 0x00, B3: 0x00
                    -> EL: 2295103 (0x0023053F)
                    -> RS: 5,540 KB/s (4x) - WS: 4,155 KB/s (3x)
                    Descriptor 2...
                    -> RS: 5,540 KB/s (4x) - WS: 5,540 KB/s (4x)
                    Descriptor 3...
                    -> RS: 5,540 KB/s (4x) - WS: 8,310 KB/s (6x)
                    Descriptor 4...
                    -> RS: 5,540 KB/s (4x) - WS: 11,080 KB/s (8x)

Comment

I tried burn again. The disc seems playable.
                      I choose VSO for dvd burn.(It is default option)
                      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Hi sgilland
                        Sorry you had trouble setting up ImgBurn if you need any help just give me a shout and I will be more than happy to help you.
                        CBR929

Comment

Working...
                        X