Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best alternative to Verbatim D/L Dvd made in Singapore

Hello.
    For a number of years I have been using Verbatim Dvd D/L made in Singapore (I cleaned out the stock of several Sam's Clubs just before they stopped carrying them). It's pretty much agreed that these were the very best and most reliable D/L dvd's made (have not had a single one fail on me in all those years).
    Unfortunately, my stock in wearing thin, and I have been searching all over the internet for a suitable replacement. Of course each site has different opinions and recommendations, so I decided I would come here and see what the experts say.
    So, what would you say is the very best alternative (and please only include those that are actually available somewhere online).
    Any help will be much appreciated.

did you try amazon ?? - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...technical-data

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      Yes, I have searched all over Amazon, and every other site that carries Verbatim D/L dvd's, and the thing is, unless the description specifically states that they are made in Singapore you are just rolling the dice, and will probably end up with discs made in India, and by all reports they are poorly made and not at all reliable.

As I said, I have searched extensively all over the internet. You can find some on Ebay that are supposedly made in Singapore, but when you read the feedback for the seller they state that the ones they received are not made in Singapore.

These people know that everyone is looking for Singapore D/L discs, and they will gladly tell you that theirs are made there, just betting on buyers settling for whatever they receive.

I have tracked down every lead I could find, and the bottom line is that unless you can actually read the label and see that they are in fact made in Singapore, you are not going to get discs made in Singapore.

Here's the bottom line - I have abandoned all hope of finding any more Singapore discs, and have resigned myself to using an alternative, if I can find one that is acceptable.

I know that many people here have found themselves in the same situation. What I need to know is, what alternative did they come up with?

Comment

I've been buying these from amazon and they claim they are from Singapore.
        I haven;t had a problem with the discs at all. They are the AZO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Question:

Do they still ship out the cheap India made disks? I just ordered these and im hoping they are made in Singapore.

Answer:
        Singapore.
        By JT on June 15, 2013
        These are the good Singapore ones, I never get errors with these disk!
        By Corey on June 15, 2013
        the 30 packs are the M-003 -> http://tiny.cc/0k5oyw <- , not sure about the 5 packs
        By aShopper on June 15, 2013
        Mine were made in UAE (United Arab Empire), NOT good, maybe half (or less)of them worked. Don't toss - if you have the whole pack together you can return it to Amazon for refund.
        By Janie on June 25, 2014
        United Arab Emer (UAE)
        By Misfit on January 7, 2014
        The last ones I got were made in Singapore. Worked great.
        By M. Coats on June 18, 2013
        Visualize Whirled Peas.

Comment

Gomerz,

Thanks for the reply, but many people say the ones they received are in fact from United Arab Empire, and not reliable at all.

I have given up on finding any more from Singapore. That is not what this thread is about.

What I need is a recommendation, preferably a consensus from the members here, as to what is a reliable, available, alternative to the Singapore discs.

Comment

Well, I am very disappointed.
            Since it is widely accepted that Verbatim D/L dvd's made in Singapore are (were) the best, most reliable D/L dvd's made, and since they are no longer available and have not been available for some time now, logic tells me that a good number of the people on this forum have been forced to find a suitable replacement.
            All I was looking for was advice from these people. I assumed they would be more than willing to share that information with others here.
            If and when I do find a good alternative to the Singapore dvd's (from other sources), I will be happy to share that info here.
            Not being snide, just very disappointed.

Comment

try office max/office depot - http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/s...xRefine=722947

Comment

Try blankmedia.ca I know they have Verbatim I get my AZO from them.

Comment

While I do thank you for your replies, I must repeat --

I am not looking for a source of Verbatim Singapore D/L DVD's. As the title of this thread states, I am looking only for a reliable, available alternative to them, an alternative that I am certain a good number of members here on this forum have found since Verbatim stopped making them in Singapore.

Online, sellers are aware that people are looking for the Singapore DVD's, and they are more than willing to state that theirs are in fact the Singapore DVD's, simply hoping that people will 'settle' for whatever they receive. I'm not playing that game anymore. I'm being realistic and have resigned myself to the fact that Verbatim has cheaped out and no longer cares about the quality of their products that they have farmed out to the lowest bidders.

All I want is an alternative to the Singapore DVD's, something that has proven itself reliable, and is readily available online.

Comment

Originally posted by hellnbak View Post
                    All I want is an alternative to the Singapore DVD's, something that has proven itself reliable, and is readily available online.
                    The Verbatims made in the UAE are also very good.

Comment

The blankmedia.ca discs are made in UAE, but as Gummigutta says, they should be fine. I have also read good reports on them. Blankmedia told me in an email that the Singapore DLs are long gone.

Originally posted by AWS1 View Post
                      Try blankmedia.ca I know they have Verbatim I get my AZO from them.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I Have used the verbatim Discs, they were great, but I had to look for another brand myself, so I tried the " Philips DVD D. L. +R Discs, they are thick discs and I have burnt a few hundred DVDs using this brand and maybe 1 or 2 out of 50 might be bad, other wise great success. Hope this helps?
                        Burner1

Comment

Working...
                        X