Kung Fu Panda 2 - Read Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kung Fu Panda 2 - Read Error

Unable to copy my Kung Fu Panda 2. I read some posts and saw that maybe my Reader was old so went and bought a new one. Same problem. This is the first BR giving me this problem. Attached is the log.
    Attached Files

I also updated to the latest version of DVDFAb with same problem. Only thing I notice in the log is the old drive and the new drive give a read error at different locations... If I do a retry on the error, it seems to proceed with the new drive but then after a few minutes it jumps straight to 100% and says finished even though it only did like 10 minutes worth of the movie.

Comment

Have you tried main movie on the chance the read error is in some other area of the disc?
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Actually I am only doing Main Movie. Dont do the full disc. Now I dont get the error. Strange. It simply starts copying the main movie (No compression) and then finishes after 5 minutes. Below is the log. I am willing to try different options to help narrow down if required. Let me know.

Comment

nishalp
          Your log was edited and too long for the text box. Please follow the log instructions linked in my sig, below. Attach the complete log session.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Attached is the full log. Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nishalp View Post
              Attached is the full log. Thanks.
              Please run a scan on the movie disc and if you get any read error, exchange the movie disc for a new one and try again.

You can use VSO Inspector, which is a free tool to run the scan.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

I ran the Inspector Tool and it passed everything with no errors. Attached is the log and the screenshot. But in the log I noticed that there was a warning that a single sector had to be read 4 times to get the data. My assumption therefore is there is a problem with the disc. It seems that DVDFab get a error once an exits. But per this tool it seems multiple retries and it got the data. Not sure if a enhancement can be put into DVDFab in the future to give a retry option on bad reads. I played the movie in my home theater Blue Ray and it seems to be ok there also. In the mean time, are you aware of any other free tool that can let me rip the DVD to the drive that might have a retry option and then I can use DVD Fab to process from that? I would return the Blueray except I have had it for 1 year now .

Thanks for the help.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X