Movies pixel after ripping with max contrast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies pixel after ripping with max contrast

So im using and wd 8tb hardrive after i max'd out my 3tb just copyed the main files holding majority of dvd files to new hard drive no probs but lately when watching movies the get a pixeled out and scrambly intermittently, pausing the movie seems to help, like there is a invisible buffer?.. i dont think thats the case but when i scroll back a scene or what have you the same scrambled area is now clear... like i said happens randomly, using hp laptop, could it be a video card going out,? Have 3.7tb used 4.2 free.... got any ideas please feel free... thanks

Are you using DVD Copy or DVD Ripper? There is no contrast control in DVD Copy, so not sure what method you are using, although you posted in the DVD Copy forum. What software are you using for playback? The problem you are seeing can be caused by several things, among them a heavily fragmented hard drive that produces long seek times when having to go find the next sector for playback.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry i didnt see a ripper forum, im ripping... vlc media plyr... should i defrag the hard drive then? Thanks im the only person i know running this software soo im pretty much in the dark..

Comment

I ran defrag on computer and external drive 0% fragmented..

Comment

What software player are you using? Check for loose wires, broken cable ends or bad wires and media player updates.I also saw this happen with Power dvd player but not Fab media player or VLC player with a MKV audio pass through I just made with dolby 7.1 sound.My hard drive has plenty of room and is cleaned,virus checked,malware checked and defrag nightly so I know it's none of these and other movies 7.1 play on all 3 media players so my wires are good.

Comment

Vlc media player.. could my hard drive be going out..?

Comment

Check movie with another software player first Fab media player has a free version for playing from files but not disks could be just the movie but if all movies play this way then after checking the wires their connectors and for media player updates then you can check the hard drive for bad clusters windows may be able to repair them but it needs room to work and a almost full hard drive doesn't allow this but you can try it this process.It takes a long time on a large hard drive overnight is a good time to do it and can't be done if your using the current drive if that's the case windows can check it next time you do a restart.

Use the administrator command prompt in windows 10 left click the mouse on the white windows app in the lower left Connor of screen, select admin. command prompt.Type in chkdsk/r C: the C: is the letter of the drive you want to check and repair so type the letter of the drive with the movies on it if it is the C: drive then windows will prompt you to do this when you restart the computer you then select Y for yes and press enter then do a restart and windows will do it when restarting.A big drive will take overnight if you don't have enough space put some movies on another drive so windows has room to fix bad clusters when done you can restore the moved movies.If the drive has no errors windows will tell you.

Loose or broken cable ends should be checked first its fairly common from what i have seen.

Comment

Its taking forever... im on like day 2 of runningthe drive check it isnt even half way.. thou it took 48 hrs or so just to transfer from 3tb to 8tb so guess ill just let her run...

Comment

Well the files play good now but only while dvdfab isnt running ie ripping a movie so what would that mean? Thanks

Comment

This sounds like a resource problem blu ray players use a lot of computers resources maybe low memory when running more then one task on a laptop you can check your memory use with windows while running the blu ray player and fab together.All the background programs are also running so I would just stick to running the blu ray player alone because your problem doesn't show up then now that you did the windows repair.If it found any problems like bad clusters it now skips over them after the repair by windows.

Comment

Im not ripping blurays. is it in the codex im not ripping in mp4?

Comment

Working...
                      X