Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't copy DVD THOR

Hello,
    I'm trying to copy DVD (IT-EN) THOR (yes, the first one, quite old), but it doesn't work. Very strange, I search in the forum and it seems to works fine with previous versions of DVDFAB than mine.
    I try:
    • full disc and it produce an iso image of 4Mb
    • main film and I can see in the list only one part of 6 seconds (black screen)
    • clone the disc and it produce an image of 6.7 GB but mounting it has inside just a VIDEO_TS of about 7Mb. I can mount it as DVD, but just a few second of black screen inside it.

I'm using the last official version of DVDFAB 9.2.4.2, DVD-->DVD lifetime licence, windows XP.
    In the same PC i can watch the film if I insert the original DVD.

Any suggestions? What can I do? What infos I can provide to help?
    Thanks in advance

Do you have Path player set to always enabled ???

Comment

Hi, thanks for the fast reply.
      Yes, it's enabled:

I tried in a windows 10 PC, 9.2.4.2 DVDFab version, but same result.
      In the attachment you can see in the low-left angle of the image the "compression ratio "4 MB -> 4 MB"
      Attached Files

Comment

Please post the dvdfab internal log files.

Comment

Here it is
          Attached Files

Comment

Thor

I am having the same issue. I've tried to copy with 2 different Thor DVDs, one from my library and one from the public library. Both times it comes up with one choice and it's 4mb. My understanding is that the main movie is chapter 24, but since I can't see that...
            Attached Files

Comment

You might try turning PathPlayer off for this one if it's pretty old. Be sure to turn it back on.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                You might try turning PathPlayer off for this one if it's pretty old. Be sure to turn it back on.
                Thanks 90312, changing this setting something happens, but still no solution.
                Now the DVD can be backuped, but soooo many Gb!
                Cloning the disc it produce an iso of about 21 Gb, coping full disk it produce an iso of about 8 Gb, and the same charging the iso and reducing it again (of course always setting a DVD5 destination):

I made various try with path enabled and disabled, but same output.
                Now I'll try to copy just the maim film.
                Attached Files

Comment

Re enable Path player and select dvd 9 output
                  Retry the disc And see what you get.

Comment

Update: coping main film only with PathPlayer disabled produce a valid DVD5 iso.

Now I test what october 262 suggests

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                      Re enable Path player and select dvd 9 output
                      Retry the disc And see what you get.
                      This is the result:

Any suggestion?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is this disc from a 2 disc bluray/dvd combo pack ??
                        You may have a version that isn't supported yet.
                        Last edited by october262; 05-21-2016, 05:06 PM.

Comment

No no, it's one DVD only, quite old, 2011 write on it.

Now I have passed the last iso, saving as a DVD5 iso, but the output iso is more than 6Gb...
                          It's weird!

Comment

Works

That worked for me too. I don't know why I didn't do that to begin with. Too many things to think about makes me a dumbski. Thanks for the help.

Sidebar - I use a Western Digital Media player to stream from my media server to my main flat screen.

Comment

Attach the DVDFab internal log session for this disc if it does not work correctly. Note that the free version of DVDFab may not support it. You must also have PathPlayer set to always enable in Common Settings.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X