Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as they say, Silence Speaks Volumes and I see no attempt at a reply. So be it.
    Please read the forum rules and consider this a warning
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

use 5.2.2.6 dvdfab

I used version 5.2.2.6 with pathplayer always enable and copied surrogates just fine

Comment

As for your comment, "Silence speaks volumes" I have other things to do besides sit here and scrutinize comments. I am merely making myself a backup copy of the DVD that I purchased because they get scratched and I like to make sure to have one good copy for future viewings.

Comment

I tried that, only ripped the last half of the movie

Comment

I have a purchased version of DVDFab (xxxxxxxxx) that will not run out of date until 11/01/2011 and I got a message that stated that I have to buy a new DVDFab or wait for the Decrypter. when I tried to backup my new copy of Surrogates What's up with that?

Comment

Sounds like a regkey problem.
              Take a look at this sticky:

Registration Key problems,

Run through the list and let us know how you make out.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

As for your remark of "silence speaks volumes" I do not sit on the computer waiting for a response. I work outside of the home as an RN and in the 13 minutes you waited for my response I was busy with very sick patients. I bought my copy of Surrogates and merely wanted to try to make a backup copy for future use and heard that DVDfab was a good software that you could try before you buy. But, if the MODS are too quick to judge instead of help then maybe this is not the software for me.

Comment

Easy there, kholliday. The forum software shows you as being logged in for a while after you've actually logged out. When you have spent enough time here to have some perspective, you will find Maineman a person a great patience (and a fellow medical professional, who often logs in and helps in the forum between patients).
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by kdholliday1 View Post
                    As for your remark of "silence speaks volumes" I do not sit on the computer waiting for a response. I work outside of the home as an RN and in the 13 minutes you waited for my response I was busy with very sick patients. I bought my copy of Surrogates and merely wanted to try to make a backup copy for future use and heard that DVDfab was a good software that you could try before you buy. But, if the MODS are too quick to judge instead of help then maybe this is not the software for me.
                    Oh please, very few users sit by their computers. I work as an an advanced practice RN and have over 30 years of critical care experience.
                    I happen to be at work right now and I would venture to say my time is valuable as well.
                    However, that is neither here nor there.

You posted that you downloaded a free copy of a movie that cannot be legitimately downloaded for free.
                    You said nothing of owning your own copy and making a backup and for you argue on this basis is absurd and at best, disingenuous.
                    I edited your replies as I am obligated to ensure that laws and Fair Use provision are honored and that forum rules are enforced.

Comment

I posted that I downloaded a free version of the beta dvdfab and that I could not get it to download surrogates for me. I read the forum rules and Fair use provision before hand and figured that I did not have to explain that I was making a backup of my purchased copy; since that is what the software is supposed to be used for. I believe it to be absurd that other comments being left of what has been "copied", "downloaded", or "ripped" and there is no discussion or mention of it being a purchased copy or not.

Comment

No, that is absolutely NOT what you posted and I refuse to be baited into a pointless argument.
                        You have yourself a one week vacation from this forum.

Comment

Misunderstanding of Terminology

Originally posted by kdholliday1 View Post
                          I posted that I downloaded a free version of the beta dvdfab and that I could not get it to download surrogates for me. ...
                          Your lack of understanding of the proper terminology is creating much confusion and unnecessary contention. One cannot communicate adequately without understanding and using the proper language and words. You're misusing the term download here. DVDFab does not download anything... No one knows it all, it's just plain foolish to be arguing out of ignorance though.

Comment

Thanks tli and you're right of course about his inappropriate/incorrect usage of terms.
                            However, he was very specific in his initial comments and I responded in turn and deleted them.
                            Had he owned up to the truth, the outcome could have been very different.

However, I stand by my actions.
                            Any attempt by him to explain away or re-package the deleted comments and further argue with a moderator is patently absurd and I will not tolerate it.

Comment

Working...
                            X