DVDFab locks files and doesn't unlock them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab locks files and doesn't unlock them

So I've had an annoyance with DVDFab for a long time.

If I have an ISO that I want to extract I can drag them into the dvd copy windows to queue up a bunch of extracts.

However, DVDFab locks the files (or keeps them open somehow) and doesn't release the locks/handle until it quits. Therefore, once an ISO is extracted, it can't be deleted. I'm guessing this applies to other transcoding usages as well, but haven't tested it.

It be nice if this could be rectified.

This may well be true; in Merge mode, all sources must be present until the complete task is finished. Why would you need to delete the ones you have done until the full task is finished?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

space. currently operating on 256GB of files.

edit: but as I'll note, its not even when operating, the files remain locked/opened (or what not) until dvdfab quits. i.e. the operation can be finished, but the files are still not deletable.

Comment

They should be released when you click "Finish". I take it this problem is not something new?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

my experience is not, I have to quit DVDFab for them to be released. If they were released on finished it be doable (though I still not think that optimal).

Comment

tried it again, file was "in use" until I quit dvdfab.

Comment

You can close the ISO source to unlock it.
              DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
              http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

It's not quite clear how to do that. Just uncheck the source?

edit: I see now, wow, didn't know about the X box that appears if you hover over it. ok, at least now I know how to deal with it, still think it be nicer if it autoclosed (or at least was an option) when it was done in the queue.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, we will check it.

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X