This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOW AUDIO in copied discs

Hi: I notice that whenever I make back up copies of some of my movies, that I own, the audio on the copied discs is much lower than the source disc. Is there some type of adjustment that I need to make before I copy the source disc to my hard drive? I checked the settings in the customize dvd to dvd, but I saw nothing that could increase the audio volume level. Help

No there is nothing that you can change about the volume but I would suggest that you to main movie only and select the Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio track only and see how that works.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

In the DVD to DVD copy modes, DVDFab does not process or change the audio streams, it just copies them.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

which dvd to dvd mode are you using?

Comment

I am using version 6.0.7.0

Comment

do you use main movie, full disc, customize....

are you selecting certain audio tracks?

Comment

I've used all of the copy methods, at one point. I mainly use the full disc, because I like to look at extra stuff. I get the good stereo sound, but I have to pump the volume up while playing the disc. I never noticed the low audio until recently, because I mostly watch my movies on a portable dvd player with headphones.

Comment

Darn peculiar Shellie.
                I've never experienced this or seen it posted before
                I've had to pump up the volume on DVD to Mobile, but this isn't unusual and no big deal (all those years of listening to the likes of Jimi Hendrix at ear-bleeding volume have caught up with me).

You said,
                "...whenever I make back up copies of some of my movies..."
                Specific titles or does this seem to occur randomly?
                What titles?

What do you play the bkups on apart from your portable dvd player?
                What happens if you play the files back from the hdd with a software player like VLC?

How about playing the bkup disc on your pc?
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

On my computer and on my portable dvd player, I hadn't noticed the audio issue, because honestly, I had great stereo sound through my headphones, so I was a happy camper. I only notice the low audio when I play the discs on my dvd player that is hooked up to my 27 inch television and my Kenwood stereo system. The system is pretty old, over 19 years old, but it is 100watts Dolby system. I compared the original and the back up of my last two movies: 17 Again, and The Family that Preys

Comment

Shelli, honestly this sounds like a downmix, 5.1 compatibility, and cabling issue.

I would suggest that you thoroughly check your documentation on your player, amp and how to cable and options available.

From my experience, this happens a lot when you do not have the player set to downmix to stereo and the centre (mainly speech), SW and surround are not combined into the L/R stereo channels.

Hope this helps.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I was wondering, my Audio_ts folders are all empty. Should there actually be something in that folder?

Comment

Nope, usually not, but they are part of the DVD structure specification.

Comment

Working...
                        X