X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pelham 123 problems

Originally posted by signals View Post
    Chuck
    Make sure that you have an updated version of DVDFab and that you have PathPlayer in the Always enabled mode. Most users had no problem with this disc. It sounds like your drive may be in PIO transfer mode. Try clicking the Reset DMA button in DVDFab settings. If you need more help, post the log files and other information requested in the Help US Help You document, It is a sticky thread in this forum.

Hi Im new to this forum however I am having the same issue with the same movies including a couple others, all Sony. I clicked the reset DMA button as stated and made sure the PathPlayer is in "always enabled mode". I had to restart the PC but it still wont recognize the DVD. Any Ideas? Im quickly learning the whole process of ripping movies so please bare with me but thank you in advance.

Hi Chuck,

No problem, we've all been there.
    I still suspect a DMA issue, but there are a number of possibilities here.
    The reset DMA in Fab doesn't always work.

Please take a look at the sticky thread:
    Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
    (link in my sig below).

You should check the DMA status in device manager.

Also please take a look at the sticky thread
    Stubborn DMA Reset
    (link in sig below).
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Oops, forgot...
      I understand that it's the sony discs that seem to be causing problems for you.
      However, are you able to rip other discs now...after you've attempted Pelham...without the slowdown?

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        Hi Chuck,

No problem, we've all been there.
        I still suspect a DMA issue, but there are a number of possibilities here.
        The reset DMA in Fab doesn't always work.

Please take a look at the sticky thread:
        Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
        (link in my sig below).

You should check the DMA status in device manager.

Also please take a look at the sticky thread
        Stubborn DMA Reset
        (link in sig below).

Hey no luck. I tried exactly what you said. Pelham 123, Year One and Julie&Julia will not load. Is there anything that I can use in conjunction with DVD Fab? I am using the latest version plus I unistalled with Revo Uninstaller and installed version 6.1.0.5 since I saw on other forums that that version seemed to work well for them but no luck there either. Any ideas would be great. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Oh and I'm PHLeKS, dont know what happened to Chuck lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PHLeKS View Post
            Chuck is the O.P. so you have been moved to a thread of your own.

Comment

Originally posted by PHLeKS View Post
              Oh, oh...DOH!
              Sorry about that, my fault.

So you've tried everything in the links I posted...like altering PathPlayer settings and such?

Anyway, we need more details from you...
              Look at the Help Us Help You stcky.
              Stuff like what app...freeware vs. retail, version, etc., etc.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                Oh, oh...DOH!
                Sorry about that, my fault.

So you've tried everything in the links I posted...like altering PathPlayer settings and such?

Anyway, we need more details from you...
                Look at the Help Us Help You stcky.
                Stuff like what app...freeware vs. retail, version, etc., etc.
                Yes I tried altering Path player and the other suggestions.
                Okay here are my log attatchments

I am using an unregistered latest version of DVDFab
                Attached Files
                Last edited by PHLeKS; 01-29-2010, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Hi again PHLeKS,

Hey I got it right this time...

First off, update your version to 6.2.2.0 Beta and give it another shot
                  Yours isn't real old, but dates back to about Nov 1.

The error code isn't much use...error=400 simply indicates a general transcoder error...very non-specific.

//Edit
                  Geesh, my hands are freezing...can't type anyway and now it's worse than usual.
                  Last edited by maineman; 01-29-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Another thought here as I'm just re-reading your last post.
                    The freeware version lags behind the retail app by as much as 60 days so
                    the decrypting capability may not work for you even with the update

Comment

As these are relatively new movies and you say you are using the unregistered version (FREE), these movies would have not been added to the FREE version hence your problem.

You have two choices. Either purchase the paid version or wait patiently until they are added to the free version.

This can take up to 90 days or longer and is totally at the discretion of the developers, so I would not hold your breath.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'll give it a shot. Thanks again.

Comment

I updated to the latest version and still no luck-- kinda bummed. Is it possible that it could be hardware related rather than software? Kinda thinking of anything at this point! Have a good evening!

Comment

I would not expect a hardware problem unless you get the error on all discs. There should be some protection removal updates for HD Decrypter in the next release, which should not be too long. The 1 year license for the DVD to DVD registered version is only US$40 after the 20% discount if you are in a hurry.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              I would not expect a hardware problem unless you get the error on all discs. There should be some protection removal updates for HD Decrypter in the next release, which should not be too long. The 1 year license for the DVD to DVD registered version is only US$40 after the 20% discount if you are in a hurry.
                              Yeah I noticed. We shall see but again, thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                              X