Problems writing disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems writing disc

10.0.4.4Beta and now the latest official release are doing the same thing. They will not write the dvd files to disc. 10.0.4.3 no problem.
    Attached Files

Since the installation of 10.0.4.5 on both my laptop & desktop I'm unable to burn to any disc.
    No problem in copying to the hard drive on either.

Comment

RichC, please attach the internal log session where you tried to burn.

All, please try this: write the output of DVDFab to a VIDEO_TS folder and burn from there either with DVDFab (Clone/Burn) or ImgBurn (i.e. in two steps). Please attach logs rather than putting them inside the text window in the future, (faster access for the developers), thanks.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Developer is checking, waiting for fixed.
        Thanks for your feedback.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by RichC View Post
          Since the installation of 10.0.4.5 on both my laptop & desktop I'm unable to burn to any disc.
          No problem in copying to the hard drive on either.
          Only used ver. 10 to ripped. I had similar problems burning on ver. 10, I used ver 9.3.2.1 to burn on a dvd disc, rarely used ver 10 to burn.

Comment

All that is needed is to change the burn engine selection from VSO to DVDFab Burning Engine in Common Settings. You can revert if desired when this is corrected.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

All, please update to v10.0.4.6 to correct these problems. http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...ewpost&t=31141

Comment

Same Burn Problem

Hi SIGNALS,
                I have had the exact same problem and some tried to tell me it was my DVD discs, Not, been using the same brand for 100s of back ups. when DVDFab quit burning it gave me this message: FlexBurn
                I/O Error
                Cdb: Test Unit Ready
                SenseData: Invalid Address For Write This is version :10.0.4.6
                My burning is set to DVDFab burn engine, so I used DVDFab Mini to copy the DVD Main movie to a folder , then opened the Main DVDFab program and loaded the CHIPS Video_TS file and then burnt it and it burnt a perfect back up after wasting 2 other DVDs.
                I don't know if this will help but it did work.
                Thanks Guy's
                Burner1

Comment

my problem came back with the same error. I am using dvdfab burning engine. like I mentioned on my previous posting, I use ver 10 to ripped (full disc) and ver 9 to burn.
                  I do not know what is going on here.
                  Last edited by sireast; 07-29-2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Hi Guy's,
                    Well here is an update on the I/O error problem during the write process, If I load the DVD movie from my USB reader/writer and chose my DVD internal writer to burn it makes a perfect back up
                    with out the above listed errors, If I load the DVD movie in my internal DVD writer/burner and write to my USB DVD reader writer I get the I/O error listed above again ?
                    I guess at least it will do the job as I've stated in the beginning of this post. Here is another question, What would be the best internal DVD/Blu-Ray writer I can buy as an added writer? Please feel free to give me your opinion, I don't want to just waste my money, Price isn't the object here, quality is.
                    Thanks guy's
                    Burner1

Comment

I can tell you whats going on here it's your firmware of your 2 dvd burners are different one had a firmware update that included the blank disks you are using the other didn't and won't use these disks to burn with.A simple way to prove it is change disk brands to the best blank disks with the special dye verbatims.Note they have a cheaper brand also many disk brands out source their cheaper disks so be careful buying the cheaper ones unless the drive has been tested with these disks.The drives internet page may tell what disks were tested with it's firmware as to be know to work well with what brands of disks.Not all burner brands provide this info. good brands often do Pioneer is a good brand of burner they also have read me files to say what was updated in each firmware version often you will see cheap brands of disks sometimes made to work with drives with new firmware thats why some people can burn with cheap ri tec or ri data disks but most can't.
                      Last edited by 3dman7; 08-16-2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

3dman7 is probably correct but I thought I would add this.
                        Sometimes problems can be caused by the chipset in the external drive enclosure.
                        If you can and/or want to take the drive out of the external enclosure and install it internally .
                        See if it will burn the discs that it now won't.
                        If the drive fails as an internal drive then it's burning laser has probably failed and you need a new drive.

As 3dman7 suggested also try with some good Verbatim discs if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                          I can tell you whats going on here it's your firmware of your 2 dvd burners are different one had a firmware update that included the blank disks you are using the other didn't and won't use these disks to burn with.A simple way to prove it is change disk brands to the best blank disks with the special dye verbatims.Note they have a cheaper brand also many disk brands out source their cheaper disks so be careful buying the cheaper ones unless the drive has been tested with these disks.The drives internet page may tell what disks were tested with it's firmware as to be know to work well with what brands of disks.Not all burner brands provide this info. good brands often do Pioneer is a good brand of burner they also have read me files to say what was updated in each firmware version often you will see cheap brands of disks sometimes made to work with drives with new firmware thats why some people can burn with cheap ri tec or ri data disks but most can't.
                          I buy the discs in bulk. I have a solid 300+ blanks sitting here. Are you saying they're all just a waste of space suddenly? It happened one day to the next too, it just stopped burning and gave that exact same error message as Burner 1:

Flex Burn
                          i/o error

Cdb: Test Unit Ready

Sense Date: Power Calibration Area is Full

Is it the discs?

Comment

Working...
                          X