Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can version 10 do a one step copy ,compress , & burn ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can version 10 do a one step copy ,compress , & burn ?

I normally write (rip) the DVD compliant folders & files sometimes compressed to DVD5 to my hard drive & then burn with ImgBurn as a standalone.
    I just wanted to see if version 10 would do this like older versions had .
    So far I get this error message when I select my burner as the "Save to" source.

"Unable to save here. Please choose another location."

That is with blank media in the burner .
    I tested with a version 9 I have & it wouldn't do this either.

A version of 8QT did this with no problem.
    The burner is actually auto selected as the target.
    As soon as the write (rip) was finished ImgBurn was opened & the blank DVD written .
    When ImgBurn finished it closed.
    Then a box with the message: "Process completed successfully!" .
    I only had to select "OK" in it.
    Then "Finish" in DVDFab 8QT.
    Then close DVDFab.
    The resulting DVD5 with menu plays correctly.

To ask again: Can version 10 do a one step copy ,compress , & burn ?

I did get this to work in DVD Copy Version 10.
    I had to use the "Pulldown" After "Save to" in the lower left.
    Then select the drive with the blank DVD from there.
    Even if this drive is selected & I try to use the folder to select the same drive I get the warning : "Unable to save here. Please choose another location."
    Funny all I have to do is leave it as selected with the pulldown & it works.

I should be able to select the drive with the folder icon.
    So far that won't work for me.

Comment

When you select the folder icon, it knows you do not need the burning engine, so it is not called. The dropdown should always show all available optical drives that you have selected in Common Settings. It will also have them if you select the image button (or should). I don't burn many discs anymore, but this is the way it worked in earlier v10. A one-click write to disc is a normal feature.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

signals , It had been a long time since I had used the one step burn.
        Apparently I hadn't ever even done it from version 9 .
        Which seems to work like version 10 in the way it does this.

My usual method is to rip to a DVD compliant folder set to my hard drive.
        Then use ImgBurn as a standalone burned to burn to DVD.
        I know that an .iso can be used from ImgBurn write mode but I prefer build mode from a VIDEO_TS folder .

I just saw some people were having a problem burning like in this tread:
        <span style="color:blue"><b><span style="color:red"></b></span>

So I decided to see how it was working for me.
        After I posted this thread I worked with it some more & found that I needed to use the dropdown.

What I attempted to select from the folder icon was my optical drive .
        I chose another location with the dropdown & then tried to use the folder icon to select the optical drive . That is when I got the warning message.

Comment

Originally posted by cholla View Post
          ..My usual method is to rip to a DVD compliant folder set to my hard drive. Then use ImgBurn as a standalone burned to burn to DVD.
          This is exactly what I do also, with DVD and BD on the rare times when I burn a disc nowadays. Build mode gives ultimate control.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X