This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign characters in folder name results in crash

If you create a folder with a name containing, in this case, Swedish characters, the program crashes.

1. Create a folder named 'Folderåäö' and set it as target.
    2. Start the task.
    3. Crash and the program also creates a new folder named 'Folder___' on the hard disk with AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, but empty.

18:38:00: Analyzing of DVD started
    18:38:00: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
    18:38:00: Copy process started
    18:38:01: Task_1 failed! Error=400()
    18:38:02: Process failed!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gummigutta; 02-06-2010, 05:55 PM.

Isn't it possible to increase the allowed size amount of an uploaded png file? It's very low at the moment.

Comment

Gummigutta I have seen this before while searching error code 400 and The path should consist of English letters Only to Temporary directory and Output directory!
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        Gummigutta I have seen this before while searching error code 400 and The path should consist of English letters Only to Temporary directory and Output directory!
        I think the program should take care of such things and it also seems to try to do it by creating the new 'Folder___'.

Comment

Yes I know but awhile ago while searching error code 400 I ran across that it confuses Fab so you will get this error.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            Yes I know but awhile ago while searching error code 400 I ran across that it confuses Fab so you will get this error.

Change the Windoz default language to Swedish, and it'll work fine...but make sure all your other folders are in Swedish, too, first...

Windoz verifies all letters against the default language alphabet, and any it doesn't find are treated as 'illegal characters'...

DC

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
              Isn't it possible to increase the allowed size amount of an uploaded png file? It's very low at the moment.
              No sooner said than done. The size is 85000 bytes, max dimensions 830x630. Is that enough?
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                No sooner said than done. The size is 85000 bytes, max dimensions 830x630. Is that enough?
                If I just do a screen shot of the main page in DVDFab and save it as a .png, the bytes size is not enough. The other sizes are ok as the image is 825x601.

Your file of 88.4 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 83.0 KB for this filetype.
                So a little bit more should be nice to have.

Comment

OK bit bandit, should be good now.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X