This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skipping?

I am still using the trialware of DVDFAB and have burned several dvds to the hard drive. I was wondering if using the Trial version causes the movie to skip a few seconds every little bit in order to make you buy it. I actually plan on buying it. But I want to know if it is the software or something else. It is kind of confusing as the movie plays just fine, the menu works fine, But the movie will actually skip every once in awhile. If the CD had scratches would it not even rip at all...or does DVD-FAB still rip it and thats when it kind of skips every once in awile? I also use VLC player to test out the flicks after the burn.

DVDFab 30 day trial is fully functional working version.

did you save the rip to your hard drive? does the rip play without skipping?

playback problems are usually due to burning errors.

please help us help you by reading this first.

Comment

yes it ripped perfectly to my Hard Drive with no errors in the program at all. The rip actually skips some every once and a while

Comment

Originally posted by jroger21 View Post
        I am still using the trialware of DVDFAB and have burned several dvds to the hard drive. I was wondering if using the Trial version causes the movie to skip a few seconds every little bit in order to make you buy it. I actually plan on buying it. But I want to know if it is the software or something else. It is kind of confusing as the movie plays just fine, the menu works fine, But the movie will actually skip every once in awhile. If the CD had scratches would it not even rip at all...or does DVD-FAB still rip it and thats when it kind of skips every once in awile? I also use VLC player to test out the flicks after the burn.
        So I assume since you mentioned scratched DVDs and if that would cause Skipping in the rip that the DVD is scratched. The answer to that would be yes but then I used to get that for awhile and then I found a virus on my computer. I did a clean OS install and no more skipping and that was bugging me for a few weeks as it was not all DVDs that I did just a few

Comment

Hi jroger21

No DVDFab does not do that, Fengtao don't pull tricks like that.

Since you said "burned several dvds to the hard drive" I assume you mean copied to the hard, if so it could be a codec issue if the skipping is happening during playback from the hard drive.

Comment

I also use VLC player to test out the flicks after the burn.
            VLC doesnt use external codec.

are you using the latest version? have you tried other players? do other videos present this problem? can you play the original disc in your dvd drive without problems?

Comment

Another possible cause: If it skips in your PC with VLC, this can be a symptom that your optical drive and possibly your hard drive are in PIO transfer mode (or badly fragmented in the case of the hard drive). Click on the "Reset DMA" button in DVDFab Common Settings->General.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

yes it ripped perfectly to my Hard Drive with no errors in the program at all. The rip actually skips some every once and a while
                Do you mean, Fab proceeded with the rip with no errors (no hiccups) and that the ripped files when views from the hdd with VLC...skip?

We need more info. This could be anything posted above such as a hardware issues or maybe even that you're overly-compressing the files, etc., etc.
                Do you also see any pixelation, freezing or stuttering during playback from the hdd?

Please take a look a the Help Us Help You thread and post back with additional details.
                You can find it in any of the Mods sigs or as a sticky in the DVD To DVD section
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                X