X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced Subtitles

Hi all

I'm having some trouble getting forced subtitles into my films. I'm ripping with DVDFab (DVD to DVD - Full Movie) then encoding them using Handbrake to .mkv

To watch them I use a WDTV media player.

However I can't seem to find an option to rip the (forced) subtitles. I've tried the "Search for Forced Subtitles" in Handbrake but it doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Many thanks

Not sure what "Full Movie" is.

If you meant Full Disc then all subtitles are being copied and you will need to ask your question in the Handbrake forums.

If you meant Main Movie then you need to make sure all the subtitle tracks that you wish to keep have a check mark next to them prior to ripping.

Comment

Try DVDFab DVD to Mobile, it has options for displaying only the forced subs in the output. DVD to DVD does not change subs from forced to unforced in any of the copy modes, but as Complication noted you must include the stream that contains the forced subs in your output folder or image file if you want them to be present for further processing.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ah, trying a rip from DVD to Mobile now then. Will post back with results

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X