This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD DL Disc isn't large enough

I've recently been having a problem in making a copies in dvd-dvd, full disc mode.
    Once the program scans the disc it shows the % quality using a dvd 5 disc, and using the pull-down menu, when I select dvd-9, in order to burn to a DL disc, it always goes to 100% quality.
    Recently, with several discs I have tried to copy, when I select dvd-9, the % quality is sometimes significantly less than 100%
    I don't understand how this is possible, but there you have it.
    I have been using this program for years, and this is the first time I have encountered this problem and it's happened with a few dvd's now.
    Can anyone explain this to me/help me out?
    Thanks!

Davidius have you have installed any newer versions of Fab? Also check your writable media size in Fab.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Davidius View Post
      I've recently been having a problem in making a copies in dvd-dvd, full disc mode.
      Once the program scans the disc it shows the % quality using a dvd 5 disc, and using the pull-down menu, when I select dvd-9, in order to burn to a DL disc, it always goes to 100% quality.
      Recently, with several discs I have tried to copy, when I select dvd-9, the % quality is sometimes significantly less than 100%
      I have been using this program for years, and this is the first time I have encountered this problem and it's happened with a few dvd's now.
      Thanks!

Try turning pathplayer on/off (the opposite of its current setting), and see if that make a difference.

The structure of some DVDs requires that change before they'll rip properly.

DC

Comment

You will get this sometimes when the movie is long and has a lot of specials added to it so if it doesn't read 100% then thats the most likely reason
        Paid Not To Work
        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
        Proudly Served On
        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Check to see what size is listed for DVD-9 in Common Settings->DVD/Bluray->Write under writeable media size. It should be set to 8152 MB. The default was once less (8000). If it set for 8152, you should post the logs as outlined in the Help Us Help You document.

Originally posted by Davidius View Post
          Thanks!
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X