Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are good observations and sound advice, but the fact remains that it worked at one time (recently) and does not now. There was an I/O fix for ASPI in v6.2.2.0.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Tre, it has been working recently - I must have installed something which is interfering with the disk analysis but I don't know what;

The RAM hasn't been an issue before, (the destination drive was just an example - I usually copy to a dvd...)

I've recently downloaded graboid, and EFS ( i think it's E... something file search), K-lite codec pack... Obviously all of these have been removed since I started having problems..

Fat32 will be changed to NTFS as soon as possible.. especially if I have to reinstall my pc - but that's what i'm trying to avoid..

Comment

Originally posted by barload View Post
        Tre, it has been working recently - I must have installed something which is interfering with the disk analysis but I don't know what;

The RAM hasn't been an issue before, (the destination drive was just an example - I usually copy to a dvd...)

I've recently downloaded graboid, and EFS ( i think it's E... something file search), K-lite codec pack... Obviously all of these have been removed since I started having problems..

Fat32 will be changed to NTFS as soon as possible.. especially if I have to reinstall my pc - but that's what i'm trying to avoid..

I made a short passage BOLD...

How did you remove these applications??

DC

Comment

I removed them using the add/remove programs option from the control panel

Comment

Download and install CCleaner and Advanced System Care Free. Once they are installed run both the cleaner and Registry part of CCleaner. After that done run Advanced System Care Free and then give DVDFab another try. Not sure if that will fix the problem but it will clean up the left over mess that was left when you used the control panels add/remove programs option.

Comment

Well I now have a clean system - but it still won't analyse the tracks...

What else can I do to avoid having to reinstall windows?

Comment

Is this all DVDS you attempt? The "Kill Bill" log you posted looks suspicious, parallel track path and booktyped as a +R. All of the commercially released movie DVDS I’ve seen are booktyped DVD-ROM and opposite track path. I suppose there are exceptions, but this looks like a backup and maybe a poorly authored one at that. Try a different commercially released movie on DVD and see if it acts the same.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  Is this all DVDS you attempt? The "Kill Bill" log you posted looks suspicious, parallel track path and booktyped as a +R. All of the commercially released movie DVDS I’ve seen are booktyped DVD-ROM and opposite track path. I suppose there are exceptions, but this looks like a backup and maybe a poorly authored one at that. Try a different commercially released movie on DVD and see if it acts the same.

90312 brings up some interesting points here...

Commercial releases are almost without fail opposite track paths. Also, commercial releases are never made on commercially available blanks (your log, Media ID CMC...), but are custom manufactured by the studios.

This leads me to think that you are trying to back up an already ripped disc (if it is yours, you really should lose the CMC brand, and buy a better one)... also, DVD Fab isn't really needed to handle a copy-protection free disc...any competent copying program will handle it... if you have it, you should be doing the back up from the original...

And if you don't have it, it brings up another kettle of fish completely...

Comments??

DC

Comment

yes it won't analyse the tracks of originals, copies or even files on the hard drive.
                    The kill bill was a copy I had done using dvdfab earlier.

Comment

yes it won't analyse the tracks of originals, copies or even files on the hard drive.
                      The kill bill was a copy I had done using dvdfab earlier.

OK... I wouldn't worry too much about already copied discs and HD files...using Fab for them is a little like using an industrial boiler to heat your water for a coffee...

But I am bothered by the fact that originals can't be read... it still sounds like something is interfering with Fab's attempt to read the disk, and if your unit is as clean as you say, there shouldn't be anything to interfere...

I'm assuming you've gone the route of completely removing all traces of Fab on your system, the reloading with a completely clean (and newly downloaded) version, and trying again...

About the last check I can think of is D/L a utility called 'Process Explorer', and seeing what that tells you about your system... there may be a totally innocent application gumming up the works - one we normally wouldn't think twice about...

As I said, I'm running the same OS as you, and have no problems at all...

DC

Comment

I'll give the process explorer a bash tonight.. I've had dvdfab for years and don't usually have problems either.. just now!

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
                          90312 brings up some interesting points here...

Commercial releases are almost without fail opposite track paths. Also, commercial releases are never made on commercially available blanks (your log, Media ID CMC...), but are custom manufactured by the studios.

This leads me to think that you are trying to back up an already ripped disc (if it is yours, you really should lose the CMC brand, and buy a better one)... also, DVD Fab isn't really needed to handle a copy-protection free disc...any competent copying program will handle it... if you have it, you should be doing the back up from the original...

And if you don't have it, it brings up another kettle of fish completely...

Comments??

DC

I don't normally copy copied dvds... it's just one that was lying around when i did the test.

Comment

I don't normally copy copied dvds... it's just one that was lying around when i did the test.

I apologize if I left you with the impression that I was accusing you.

For very good reason, the people around here are concerned about the use this program is put to.

The main thrust of that particular post was to get you away from using CMC media, and to set, on +R discs, the DVD-ROM booktype for maximum compatibility with most set-top players.

Please keep us posted about the 'Process Explorer' results.

DC

Comment

No worries, just didn't want any effort going to the wrong area...

I've run process explorer and really can't see anything untoward. every process can be explained.

How do I totally uninstall DVDFAB? I had previously uninstalled it using windows control panel, but i'm aware that that could leave traces...
                              Is there somewhere on the forum that explains how to cleanly uninstall it? I'll then try to reinstall it again again.

Comment

No worries, just didn't want any effort going to the wrong area...

I've run process explorer and really can't see anything untoward. every process can be explained.

How do I totally uninstall DVDFAB? I had previously uninstalled it using windows control panel, but i'm aware that that could leave traces...
                                Is there somewhere on the forum that explains how to cleanly uninstall it? I'll then try to reinstall it again again.

Use CCleaner in conjunction with the Windows uninstall utility... it won't do a complete job, but it should be good enough for this experiment...

You may also want to go into the Windows prefetch folder and remove any references to Fab there, too...

DC

Comment

Working...
                                X