Cropping main movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cropping main movie

In DVD copy Is there a way to directly crop the main movie of a disc that is labeled as letterbox but that letterbox is actually enclosed within an 4x3 standard screen? I know you can do this using the DVD ripper and convert it to an MP4 that will convert/crop the letterbox movie, but I want to keep the movie in the DVD copy format and not have to convert it and then have to create a DVD format with creator using the MP4. Just wondering if I'm missing a way to do this directly from DVD Copy? Effectively, I want a DVD folder that has the widescreen video that's actually widescreen and not letterboxed in a 4x3 standard screen.

Discs that render in a player as widescreen but are in a 4:3 box are usually anamorphic transfers, which means the image is stretched vertically if you look at the original VOB file standalone. There is no way I know of to change this within the DVD Copy module since it does not decode and re-encode the images even when compressing.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My understanding is DVD Copy uses a transcoding process when compressing.
      Is this correct ?

Comment

I checked just to make sure & no editing is available with DVD Copy.
        Even with DVD Ripper if you select .VOB there is no editing .
        At least for Cropping . I didn't test much for the other selections .
        So you will need to find other software to do what you want.

I don't know if DVDFab Converter will do this or not.

Comment

Working...
        X