Issues with The Reptile (Region B DVD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with The Reptile (Region B DVD)

I recently purchased the Bluray/DVD combo set of Hammer's The Reptile ( https://www.amazon.com/Reptile-Blu-r.../dp/B00A6QPU7Q ) as it is my favorite Hammer film and isn't available for Region A. I have tried to utilize the DVDFab Copy to try and make a copy that will play on my Bluray/Dvd players as they are not formatted for Region B. I have tried copying the full disc, the main movie, and a customized section of the film and it finishes and informs me the process was successful. But when I go to put the newly copied and burned DVDR disk into my other players, it comes up with an error or does not play. Is there a specific process I need to follow to get it to work? Ive asked the administration once before if DVDFab can copy all regions and format them to non-region DVDR disks and their response is yes. Please help. Thank you!

This is what signals asked another member to do with a similar problem.
    It might work for you

.https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...286#post342286

Comment

The copy methods you've tried should have removed the Region if your settings are correct.
      The problem may be that the DVD is PAL and your player won't play a PAL DVD.
      Unless this has changed and I'm certain it hasn't DVDFab software doesn't convert PAL to NTSC or vice versa.

Although if you have enough DVDFab software you might be able to accomplish this.
      I don't have DVD Creator and I think that would be the last step in the process.
      You would use DVD Ripper to convert the DVD into a .MKV or one of the other available formats.
      Myself I would choose .vob because there is no encoding.
      Then have DVD Creator create a new DVD in NTSC from the .vob file.
      I believe it can do that. Someone with DVD Creator can confirm this.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster_Josh View Post
        I recently purchased the Bluray/DVD combo set of Hammer's The Reptile ( https://www.amazon.com/Reptile-Blu-r.../dp/B00A6QPU7Q ) as it is my favorite Hammer film and isn't available for Region A. I have tried to utilize the DVDFab Copy to try and make a copy that will play on my Bluray/Dvd players as they are not formatted for Region B. I have tried copying the full disc, the main movie, and a customized section of the film and it finishes and informs me the process was successful. But when I go to put the newly copied and burned DVDR disk into my other players, it comes up with an error or does not play. Is there a specific process I need to follow to get it to work? Ive asked the administration once before if DVDFab can copy all regions and format them to non-region DVDR disks and their response is yes. Please help. Thank you!
        dvdfab doesn't convert PAL to NTSC although you might try checking the settings on your dvd/bluray players or TV as some might have
        a setting to select either PAL or NTSC.
        Last edited by october262; 11-26-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I just checked the back of the DVD case and discovered it is a PAL DVD. Anyone know of a way to do so without using Ripper? I've used my Free Trail of Ripper (and it left a watermark on the files) and have purchased DVD Copy and Creator. Thanks for all the info, I do appreciate it.

Comment

You can't really do it in DVDFab without converting the movie to a video file format like MP4, then running it through DVD Creator. There may still be other tools that can do this, but they are not a subject for discussion here. The ones I tried often did not work well and had AV sync problems. Your player is the issue, the PAL content will play on most PCs. The watermark is normal, it does not appear if you have a Ripper license.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              You can't really do it in DVDFab without converting the movie to a video file format like MP4
              For DVDFab software this would require a licensed version of DVD Ripper or maybe video converter.
              Until you can do that there are some freewares and sometimes a "giveaway" that can do the conversion to .MP4 or other formats.

then running it through DVD Creator.
              To convert the .MP4 back to DVD compliant format.

There may still be other tools that can do this, but they are not a subject for discussion here.
              Which is the reason I didn't suggest any by name.

The ones I tried often did not work well and had AV sync problems.
              I believe signals is referring to software that converts PAL to NTSC from DVD compliant format without converting to another format first.
              I agree because I also had AV sync problems with some of those.

Your player is the issue
              The best solution and usually the best costwise is to buy a player that will play both PAL and NTSC.

Just to go over the best method to do this with DVDFab software.
              Convert the DVD to one large .VOB with DVD Ripper.
              The reason is this doesn't involve encoding.
              It will probably take less than 5 minutes.
              The use DVD Creator to create a DVD compliant folder from the single .VOB and burn that to a writable DVD blank disc.
              You can also find freeware that will "Join" .VOBs without encoding.
              If you need to find and use one of those for now you will need to rip the DVD to your hard drive with DVD Copy so it is decrypted.
              DVD Ripper saves a step as it will decrypt while ripping.
              Last edited by cholla; 11-27-2017, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X