Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which version for decrypting AOB DVD-Audio files?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which version for decrypting AOB DVD-Audio files?

Hi,

I'm trying to decrypt some AOB files in AUDIO_TS directories of a DVD-Audio that I have ripped to my hard drive.

I tried dvdcpxm and it didn't work. AVISynth's wiki saying DVDFab can do it as well.

I got the free version of DVDFab, and I check "copy AUDIO_TS" files, but it either does nothing, or just copies the VIDEO_TS stuff, or gives me error codes (like #100).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

Originally posted by fatherom View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to decrypt some AOB files in AUDIO_TS directories of a DVD-Audio that I have ripped to my hard drive.

I tried dvdcpxm and it didn't work. AVISynth's wiki saying DVDFab can do it as well.

I got the free version of DVDFab, and I check "copy AUDIO_TS" files, but it either does nothing, or just copies the VIDEO_TS stuff, or gives me error codes (like #100).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

I believe Wiki is in error with that assertion.

DVDFab isn't set up to extract just audio or just video files. In regular DVDs, the audio and video are muxed together in the VIDEO_TS folder.

The AOB files are another matter, though, and I think you'll find that an audio-only utility will be better suited for your purposes.

A quick check of Tucows will give you lots of leads for a utility to use.

DC
    Last edited by DarthCopier; 02-15-2010, 04:44 PM.

Comment

No, I'm sorry, I guess I didn't explain enough.

This is a DVD-AUDIO disc...Sting's Brand New Day...it's MLP audio in AUDIO_TS folders with CPPM copy protection.

I just tried doing it from a burned disc, and when DVDFab gets to the AOB files in the AUDIO_TS folders, it crashes with a #103 error.

Help!

Comment

DVDFab was set up for this at one time (and had controls for it in the GUI) but I don't think it is currently supported.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Is there any way I'd be able to get an older version? I guess 4.1.0.2 supported it, and I only need to backup a few discs.

Comment

Is there any way I'd be able to get an older version? I guess 4.1.0.2 supported it, and I only need to backup a few discs.

I suspect you may be beat on this one.

DVD-Audio files are encrypted differently from regular DVD audio files, and to make matters worse, there is something called the Verance Watermark protection, which is yet to be stepped around. (well...almost...).

I don't know if your Audio-DVDs have that particular protection or not.

I notice that you also have an active thread on the Doom9 forum... since this forum is DVDFab specific, I think you are more likely to get more up-to-date info from them, rather than here.

As good as Fab is, I don't think it was ever successful at decrypting Audio-DVDs.

DC

Comment

My Oppo disc player disregards watermarks, so I'm good there.

This surprises me...I've found many people who, about a year ago, were using DVDFab for decrypting CPPM protected DVD-Audio AOB files.

Yeah, I'm still trying on doom9...if anyone else here has any advice, please post!

Thanks everyone,

Chris

Comment

My Oppo disc player disregards watermarks, so I'm good there.

This surprises me...I've found many people who, about a year ago, were using DVDFab for decrypting CPPM protected DVD-Audio AOB files.

Yeah, I'm still trying on doom9...if anyone else here has any advice, please post!

Thanks everyone,

Chris

In terms of playback only, you're free and clear only as long as the watermark decoder picks off the correct bits and they total correctly... that's why copies fail... the bits get dropped or truncated in the copy process, and that fouls the whole playback of a copy...the way the protection is structured, your player can't ignore this particular watermark...the check-bits are intermingled with the soundtrack itself...

As for what people were doing a year or more ago... times change... current copy protection on Audio-DVDs has changed, and year old tools simply don't always work anymore...

DC

Comment

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to understand...

I know for a fact (based on doom9 posts) that my Oppo player completely disregards the watermarks.

Since 4.1.0.2 was free, surely it's not impossible to find a copy of that install? The Sting disc I'm trying to back-up was pressed years ago, so I don't think I'm asking for anything that's too crazy.

Comment

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to understand...

I know for a fact (based on doom9 posts) that my Oppo player completely disregards the watermarks.

Since 4.1.0.2 was free, surely it's not impossible to find a copy of that install? The Sting disc I'm trying to back-up was pressed years ago, so I don't think I'm asking for anything that's too crazy.

No, you're not...just be patient... several of the members save all the old versions... one will be along who has the version you're looking for, and will post in this thread...

DC

Comment

Thanks DC, and thanks to anyone else who can help!

Comment

I have version 4120 if that helps? PM me your email addy, I placed it in a zip file for sending it if you want that version.

Comment

PM sent...thank you!

If anyone has 4.1.0.2 specifically, please do PM me as well (a post on another forum claims that that version definitely works)...I'm not sure if 4.1.2.0 will do what I need, but I'm definitely gonna try it.

Comment

V4.1.2.0 was not free. You may need a v4 key for it to work in some copy modes beyond the 30-day trial.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You should have mail and signals is correct, it has a 30 day trial.
                              On that same note if you just recently purchased Fab you cannot get a ver. 4 key to register (I can't)

Comment

Working...
                              X