This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My copied DvDs wont autoplay...non-windows issue

Hello I've just recently started using DvDFab and still have the trial, however I cannot figure just this one thing out and it's starting to piss me off. I've created an iso backup of all my DvDs using imgburn, and I know how to burn them except for one thing, I cant get the backed up DvDs to autoplay when I put it in my computer or dvd player. I just dont know what I'm doing wrong here. Everything is being backed up correctly, it just wont autoplay. I can go into the dvd video_ts folder and click on the first video to play it, however, I want it to come up automatically when I put it into the dvd player. This is very frustrating and I've got quite a few dvd coasters if anybody needs one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Strange can you post the DVDFab logs for us to help you out. They located in documents-DVDFab-log

Comment

To make a DVD start playing automatically in a DVD player, Pathplayer must be enabled. Check the "Change DVD playback order" and place a tick beside "Jump to main title when disc inserted" (see the attached pic).

Your computer has autoplay settings also, you need to set the default software player to open when a DVD is inserted.

Note: Others and myself have noticed some DVD's may actually disable Pathplayer which will "grey" out the settings in the attached pic making that option not available.
      Attached Files

Comment

whipid20 did you use DVD Fab and ImgBurn together to make these Iso backups? Reason for this question is that ImgBurn will not make an Iso image by itself if you first do not remove the copy protection from the DVD first. If these Iso files were made along with another software then maybe that is the problem.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Logs and answers

Thanks for responding, here are the logs.

I'm almost 100% sure I used Img Burn to make the iso's. I DID NOT however use it alongside dvdfab. I backed up all the dvds onto my comp by making an iso, figuring I could just go back and make another dvd backup whenever I found some time.

Yes, pathfinder is enabled, and I have tried to do it with the "jump to title option", but still no success.

Thanks again for your help.
          Attached Files

Comment

whipid20 OK here are some things to do first and see what happens (1) update your Xp SP2 to SP3, (2) also your drive needs a firmware update you will find that here http://www.firmwarehq.com/Sony/DRU-800A/files.html try these out right now to see if this helps. Another thing you should do is install ImgBurn this will show you how http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33. post back results.
            Last edited by CBR929; 02-17-2010, 02:08 AM. Reason: text
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Did you use DVDFab to decrypt the original DVDs and put them on your hard drive?

If you don't want the menus or extras you can use Customize/No Menus mode and the movie will play when you insert the disc.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

signals no he stated in post #5 he did not.

Comment

How did he remove the protection with ImgBurn and make the ISO's?

That don't sound right.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

K, first of all, thanks for the responses guys. CBR, I appreciate your feedback. Second, I'm sorry but I do not want to upgrade my windows to SP3, I've had problems with other comps when I done so, and I hate reinstalling windows. Besides, I dont think this is a windows issue. I have used DvD Shrink and DvD Decryptor in the past and they worked just fine, until one day my DvD Shrink stopped working and my copy didnt work right. Anyways, I dont have a problem with updating my firmware on my burner, however, I'm sure this is not the problem, because it doesnt have an issue autoplaying anything else. I will try this and repost, I just hate making coasters. Wish me luck :P

Comment

Well, I have updated the firmware on my DvD writer. You know, I was just thinking, why not try to see if the dvd will autoplay on another comp and low and behold, autoplayage! So this might after all be a windows issue. I checked my autoplay options under the dvd drive properties menu and it says to prompt for everything. I even tried to change it, and then set it to default again, but have had no luck. I'm reluctant to update my windows, but the more and more I'm finding out, the more I think I might have to. Errr, why cant everything just work fine forever...lol. Thanks a ton for the help, if any of you might think you know what it is, please by all means reply, because I still havent figured it out. I'm running a virus scan as I type, maybe it will find something, but if not, I'll be left in the dark again. Much appreciation.

Comment

Would you btw have Spybot search and destroy on your rig? If memory serves it had what was called a 'Tea Timer' and it might be preventing you from changing the default action.
                        Still doesn't explain why the backed up DVD's won't autoplay in a stand alone player though...

Comment

whipid20 I'm sure allot of us feel the same about micro$oft and their updates, but when the developers design a program they do not test it on out dated systems without current updates so as suggested please install SP3. You said you set the auto play to defaults. For auto play do you have an option to set it to play automatically when you insert a DVD disc I run vista but I'm sure you have the same options. Also if you have ImgBurn installed could you open it up and go to tools/ filter driver load order/ copy to clipboard and paste it in notepad or something like that, and post back with what you find? Like others have mentioned it is strange why it will not auto play in your DVD player. You also said you used DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter in the past and they worked just fine, until one day my DVD Shrink stopped working. DVD Shrink is free if there is a problem with it you can always uninstall and reinstall it, but it is not updated any more so it will have problems with newer encryptions.

Comment

When I was using XP (still love it btw) a set of utilities that I found to be really handy was MS PowerToys for XP, specifically Tweak UI.
                            It makes enabling/disabling autoplay really quick and simple as well a a bunch of other stuff.
                            You have to be utd to at least SP1, so you're all set.
                            I agree with CBR929, you should upgrade to SP3, but I know you had trouble and understand your reticence

Scroll about 1/2 way down the right column
                            Here's a link:

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Like my good pal W&B said, this won't help you out with your standalone.
                            This is darn peculiar...these discs autoplay in another pc, but not in your primary rig and not in your standalone.

Could you please outline exactly what steps you took to rip and burn and exactly what software was used.
                            I looked over your posts and it's very confusing.

As GregiBoy said, you didn't do it with Img, at least not by itself. It's not really designed as a ripper
                            and even then it would need to be in read mode and configured with an on-the-fly decrypter.

You said shrink stopped working for you, but you also say you've been using dvd decrypter.
                            While these 2 decrypters will work on many movies, they both are horribly outdated.
                            Development for both ceased in 2005.

You've been using the 30-day free trial of Fab and you've used Img to bkup all your dvds to .ISO files,
                            but you apparently burn them to file mode???
                            since you're navigating to VIDEO_TS Folders with your
                            software player as autoplay function is not working.

You state that you burn with Img, yet your burn log indicates that you're using VSO
                            and you navigate to VIDEO_TS FOLDERS on the burned media.
                            Last edited by maineman; 02-17-2010, 03:56 PM.
                            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                              signals no he stated in post #5 he did not.
                              If it was not decrypted with DVDFab, then playability it is not a DVDFab problem. The posts make no sense, as Gregiboy noted.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X